Tickstory in Mac with VirtualBox

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
ojupisha

Tickstory in Mac with VirtualBox

Post by ojupisha »

Hello, I would like to buy the standard version but I have an important question.

I only work with Apple, so I need a VM with VirtualBox, where Windows and Tickstory are installed. I know that the standard version has 2 licenses, but if I use them in two VMs (laptop and desktop), and one day the laptop's VM does not work or my notebook breaks down, then I install Virtualbox again and create my VM with Tickstory's again, here the question is: Do I need to buy another license or can I use the license that I bought the first time and used with that same laptop but now It will be use with a different VM?

Thanks so much for your time.

tickstory

Re: Tickstory in Mac with VirtualBox

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ojupisha,

As long as the old VM is no longer in use, you shouldn't have an issue. All you would need to do in reactivate on the new VM.

REgards.

ojupisha

Post by ojupisha »

Ok, I understand that as long as I do not have two VMs with the same license working there is no problem, but if I lose the VM called A that had the license, and I install a new VM named B with the same license that the A could work perfectly with B, as long as you do not activate A. Right?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That's correct. If you have any issues, please let us know ;)

Flanker_27K

Post by Flanker_27K »

Great to learn that these combinations work, my travel laptop is a Mac one and I was sort of stuck with this...