Lite version: Maximum 365 days message when launching MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Dusan

Lite version: Maximum 365 days message when launching MT4

Post by Dusan »

When I try launch MT4 from Tickstory, a "Launch error" message apears:
Launch error.jpg
Of course I did export maximum 365 days of historical data, because I installed „Lite“ version of Tickstory. So I don´t know, where is the problem. I used the „Standard“ version a year before, and even though I uninstalled it, it is interesting to see in the current version of Tickstory the previous downloads, which was made by the previous “Standard” version and which was more than 365 days of history.

Thanks for help

tickstory

Re: Lite version: Maximum 365 days message when launching MT

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dusan,

You will need to ensure that your exported data is less than 365 days. If you previously were using a Standard version on the same MT4 version, we suggest to start with a fresh copy of MT4 and use the Lite version on it. This should resolve any launcher issues.

Thanks.

Dusan

Post by Dusan »

Thank you for your prompt response. Every export has been made of maximum of 365 days back ("Lite" version of Tickstory did not allow me a longer period of historical data) and current MT4 is a completely new installation from another broker. So there must be some other solution.

Thanks in advance.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dusan,

You may want to try going to your File->Open Data Folder and browsing to tester/history and deleting all the content. After that, just try exporting say a few months of data and see if that addresses the issue.

Thanks.

Dusan

Post by Dusan »

So, I deleted all existing files and exported historical data for 3 months for one FX pair .... Thank you - the problem was fixed and MT4 can be launch through Tickstory.
Unfortunately, after the backtest "Report" announced "Modeling quality" of 50%. ... MT4 used historical data from the current broker for backtesting (I found out new .fxt file added in tester/history).

It seems it doesn't end... thank you anyway.
Dusan

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dusan,

Good to hear you've solved that issue. Please carefully go through the steps listed in our FAQ - these are all the possible causes of the < 99% modelling quality:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality

In particular, make sure you have mapped to the correct broker symbol in MT4. If, for example, your broker's symbol is "EURUSDm" (note the extra m at the end), then you will need to tell Tickstory to "map to" that symbol. More information is in the manual and also if you search the forum for "map to".

Hope this helps.

Dusan

Post by Dusan »

You are right. The suffix was the problem. Now it works correctly. How simply.
Thanks for your patience and your time.

Best regards.
Dusan

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Perfect! You are most welcome.