Export XAUUSD Problem/change install folder

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
imbissbronko

Export XAUUSD Problem/change install folder

Post by imbissbronko »

Hi,

i want to export xauusd to MT4 but i get error
tester cannot calculate prices
I have an mt4 live installation opened fxt file with fxt editor and put the same settings in export to mt4.
Mapped to GOLD.
What did i do wrong.

Also i have Problems with a new mt4 backtest installation with terminal.exe /portable

When i like to locate the mt4 folder i get error that it isnt the correct folder. I run this install with my live account to load all files and deleted my account so that it will not connect to server anymore. but i cannot change the install folder in tickstory
Attachments
2.png
1.png

tickstory

Re: Export XAUUSD Problem/change install folder

Post by tickstory »

Hi Imbissbronko,

Please make sure that you have mapped your symbol from "XAUUSD" to our broker symbol name "GOLD" (more information on this can be found by searching for "map to" or "GOLD" in the forum). Your settings look slightly different from your screenshots, so make sure field (even commission, etc) are exactly as they appear in your broker's settings. You only need to do this once and then save your settings for next time.

As for the installation, it's likely you have residual directories in your App Data folder which might be causing the problem. If you don't know how to resolve this, you can force Tickstory to use a particular setting by changing the config file as described here:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 298&p=6150

Thanks.