How to obtain Live OHLC & Volume (Real) in MT4 or MT5

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
manuzrp

How to obtain Live OHLC & Volume (Real) in MT4 or MT5

Post by manuzrp »

Hi,

Is there a way to connect or link Volume (Real) and OHLC prices to my MT4 or MT5 platform?

I would like, for example, to obtain Volume (Real) data at 30Min for EURUSD in MT4 or MT5.

If possible, how can I do that?

Thanks,

tickstory

Re: How to obtain Live OHLC & Volume (Real) in MT4 or MT5

Post by tickstory »

Hi Manuzrp,

Could you please explain further what you are meaning by "real" volume data? Are you referring to the actual amount in millions that were on offer during that period? If so, you can use the File Export to show bar volume (Field: {Volume}). This will have the total about on the bid on that bar expressed in millions.

Hope this helps.

manuzrp

Post by manuzrp »

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, your description is what I mean by Real Volume.

My question is not how to export this data locally, but how to receive this information live on MT4 or MT5. Is there a way I can receive this information in real time in my MT4 or MT5?

Thanks,

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Manuzrp,

As far as we know, MT4's volume is actually the "tick count", so even if you were to replace this volume in your historical data you would still have an issue with the live broker data containing the "tick count" information. The correct way to get around this would be to source your information from an external file/database.

As for MT5, if there is a different way then please let us know.

Thanks.