v1.9 Released! (Lite, Standard & Professional)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.9 Released! (Lite, Standard & Professional)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Overtime999,

Thanks for your inquiry. In response to your questions:

1) The Standard and Professional licenses are currently perpetual. Our subscription allows you to have continuing access to the most recent software updates and technical support.
2) Yes, you can still continue to access data however you will no longer have access to our high-speed servers.
3) You can continue to have access to data (on the slower speed servers) unless of course there is a change to the data servers which requires a software update.
4) Once you have purchased a license, to access the latest version all you need is an active subscription which is charged at a lesser price. If your subscription has expired, you can simply renew it via the "Help->About->Renew" option. Once you have renewed, the latest version will be available to you. A subscription is offered at a discounted price on first purchase. If you renew it after expiry, you will pay the standard price. The current prices of the monthly and yearly subscription are shown on our download page.

Hope this clarifies.

overtime999

Post by overtime999 »

Hi, please correct me if my understanding is wrong. So basically i can continue to use the software eventhough my support has expired, but only at a slower speed. If a new version comes out, i just need to renew subscription and i can then update the software.
1. After a month, can i then discontinue the subscription and still use the new version?
2. How much is the standard price for subscription, and can i just pay for one month?

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Overtime,

Regarding your questions:

1) Yes, you can.
2) At the time of this post, the standard price of subscription is US$14.95 (this price is subject to change). If you purchase at the time of ordering, the price is $9.95 and the price is locked-in until you cancel. Yes, you can pay for a single month and cancel at any time.

We are constantly releasing software updates, so if the intention is to use the software for a length of time, many users find it convenient to just purchase the Professional version and get the benefits of speed and software updates for 12-months (currently US$119).

Hope this helps.

overtime999

Post by overtime999 »

I am not a full time trader requiring to perform testing for lengths of time, looking at probably short term only to test them, hence thinking just one off for now. How frequent does the software get updated?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi @Overtime999, it that case, it might make sense to take the monthly option. We don't have a set release cycle so we update the software as requirements come in - ranging from MT4 compatibility updates to adding new symbols. You can see our Change log here. Note that the change log doesn't include the numerous updates we provide for our Advanced Tester product which is in final beta (download here). As part of your subscription, you will get full access to all the features of the application (including variable spreads, slippage, etc). If these features are useful to your testing, then the subscription has this added value for you.

Hope this helps.

overtime999

Post by overtime999 »

Sorry i had to post here as it seems impossible to post to the other forums, i kept getting error in posting.

Hi,

I recently tested 2 EA and find something weird. For both EA, the test in MT4 using Tick Story data is totally different result compared to when testing using Tick Data Suite or Metaquotes data, for the same time range. The number of bars generated by Tick Story is also about 30% more compared to the TDS/MQ. TDS and MQ are giving similar results, although not exactly the same, but showing some consistency here.

I then exported the Tick Story data to MT5. In MT5 the curve line for TS vs TDS vs MQ are similar, and number of ticks there are also lesser than the MT4 tick story data, although same time range. What is happening here? Shouldnt it be the same? I am puzzled why Tick Story data in MT4 is giving a very different result vs TDS/MQ vs MT5 testing.

What could be the causes here?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi @Overtime999,

Unfortunately we can't comment on how other products are working and therefore why there are differences. If you have a specific set of bars that are not looking right in Tickstory, we can double-check them to make sure they have been created correctly from the underlying data.

Regarding your forum posting error, please send us a screenshot if you're continuing to have problems so we can help you resolve this.

Thanks.

neillson01

Post by neillson01 »

@tickstory

I purchased a license and need the updated tickstory version. Can a link please be forwarded to me. I did not receive any email in main or spam.

Regards,

Neill

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Neill, done - please check your email. Thanks.

ticktock

Post by ticktock »

Hi
I have purchased but I have not receive activation email please resend me again the link.
How I can be connected with you in private message?
Last edited by ticktock on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.