The historical data in MT4 is empty after download the tick

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
thomas2004ch

The historical data in MT4 is empty after download the tick

Post by thomas2004ch »

Hi,

I am not the first tmie to download the tick datas to the MT4. But today after I've downloaded the TickDatas for another MT4, the historical datas in MT4 are empty. I am not sure where I did wrong. Here are my configurations:

Location where the MT4 is installed: Z:\Eigene_Dateien\MT4\Server_1\Flatex

The "Open Data Folder" under menu File in MT4 will go to the same directory as above.

And here are the configurations in TickStory shown in screenshots.

I can launch the MT4 from the TickStory.
Attachments
TS_1.jpg
TS_2.jpg
Last edited by thomas2004ch on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomas2004ch

Re: The historical data in MT4 is empty after download the t

Post by thomas2004ch »

The Historical Data in MT4 are empty.
Attachments
MT4.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Thomas,

Go to Metatrader File->Open Data folder and ensure your data folder matches with where Tickstory has exported. You should also see the corresponding HST data files in the history/<servername> folder.
I also notice that your Metatrader symbol seems to have a "." after it. Make sure you have "mapped" your symbol accordingly when you export so EURUSD maps to EURUSD. (Note the period at the end).

"Mapping" symbols is described in the manual and also if you search the forum for "map to".

Thanks.

thomas2004ch

Post by thomas2004ch »

Hi TickStory,

Indeed that I forgot to map hte 'EUUSD' to 'EURUSD.'. But what can I do now? Is there a way to repair it? Or must I redownload the tickdatas?

Besides, I notice, after I've saved the MetaTrader Info (.mt4config) and re-open it, the 'Map to' is empty. This means the 'Map to' is not saved. Why?

Thomas

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

If you are an advanced user, you can use the FXT Editor to edit the FXT files' "symbol" property. Otherwise, I suggest that you re-export again.

We have PM'd you a fix for the saving of the "map to" symbol. If this fix works for you we'll bundle it into a v1.8.9.5 release.

Thanks.