Which timezone should I chose by downloading the data?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
thomas2004ch

Which timezone should I chose by downloading the data?

Post by thomas2004ch »

Hi TickStory,

My broker is in Germany. But I see their server in Cyprus. So I chose the UTC+2 for Athen since Athen and Cyprus are in the same timezone. Is this correct?

But I also see there are many UTC+2 to be chosen such as 'UTC +2 with European/London DST', Amman, Beirut etc. HWat are difference?

Cheers

Thomas

tickstory

Re: Which timezone should I chose by downloading the data?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Thomas,

The difference between the time-zones are 1) The offset from UTC and 2) The time-shifts for day-light savings/DST/summer-time. You can see the various time-shifts for a particular timezone by clicking the 'i' icon beside the selected timezone. You will need to select the time-zone along with DST that matches your broker. Usually a broker will tell you what time-zone they are in along with whether DST applies.

For more information, please have a look at the manual regarding time-zones and also don't forget there's a wealth of information in this forum if you search for "DST" or "timezone" such as this which talks about European time-zones:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 167&p=5897

Regards.

thomas2004ch

Re: Which timezone should I chose by downloading the data?

Post by thomas2004ch »

Hi TickStory,

Sofar I understand, the difference is little between 'UTC +2 with European/London DST' and 'UTC+2 for Athen'. Exactly to say it lies on Summer Time Begin and End. Otherwise they are the same. Correct?

Besides, I just trade from 9:00 to 22:30. So I think there should be no difference if I chose the 'UTC +2 with European/London DST' or 'UTC+2 for Athen', correct?

Thomas