CFD backtest with Tickstory data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
SzabolcsTrader

CFD backtest with Tickstory data

Post by SzabolcsTrader »

Dear Tickstory,

My problem would be the following:
I would like to run expert tests on CFD's in Swissquote MT4. I downloaded #SP500_ CFD from Tickstory's database.
When I run the tester, the expert claims error "USA500IDXUSD" (see the image attached) and the order is not successful.
The expert, on the other hand, works fine when I run it on data which was generated by Swissquote brokerage.
Could you please help me what should I do in order to test on CFD with tickstory data?

Thank you in advance,
Szabolcs
Attachments
IMG_18072018_205307_0_20180720_124547.jpg

tickstory

Re: CFD backtest with Tickstory data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Szabolcs,

You might note that the S&P 500 symbol is called #SP500_ on your broker terminal. As such, you will need to ensure all references in your EA are for this broker symbol name, not the Tickstory symbol name (i.e. USA500IDXUSD). Also, if you haven't done so already, you need to ensure you map the Tickstory symbol USA500IDXUSD to your broker's symbol name. This process is describe in the manual and some useful info can be found if you search "map to" in this forum.

Hope this helps.

SzabolcsTrader

Post by SzabolcsTrader »

Hello Tickstory,

Thank you for the promt reply.
As i understand, the tickstory symbol names and references have to be for the broker symbol name.
What is still not clear, do i have to do it manually to rename the symbols or do we need to solve the problem within the expert? (like with the help of a programmer)

if it is some kind of a 'manual' way, could you please specify how to do it? or where can i find the manual to it?

Thank you in advance

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi SzabolcsTrader,

No modifications to your EA should be required to use Tickstory. When your EA is trading, it continues to trade on the MT4 terminal as usual (with the standard symbols you see in MT4). The only difference is when you export from TIckstory, you need to tell Tickstory the symbol name you wish to map to on your MT4 broker terminal. In your case, you tell Tickstory to map USA500IDXUSD data to your broker's symbol, #SP500_ CFD. Once this is done, your EA simply trades as usual on the #SP500_ CFD symbol under MT4 (but obviously using Tickstory's quality tick data instead of your broker's minute data).

Hope this clarifies.