Adjust Dukascopy tick time in order to match FxPro prices

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
mostafanfs

Adjust Dukascopy tick time in order to match FxPro prices

Post by mostafanfs »

I wanted to have FxPro historical tick more than anything but I couldn't get it no matter what I did so I have to use Dukascopy historical data.
But the thing is when I compare Dukascopy bid or ask prices with FxPro price at the same time they do not match!
For example I want to check 2018.5.29 close price. So in generated csv file I look for the last bid price in 2018.5.29 and comparev it with FxPro MT4 2018.5.29 last candle close price. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME !!

So I went ahead and guesses that maybe it has something to do with the time column in data acquired from Dukascopy.
I'm aware that one can adjust timezone in TickStory but I do not know what is the right offset.
I figured that when GMT is 16:55:30 the market watch in FxPro MT4 Platform shows 19:55:30
So how to synchronize Dukascopy historical data time with FxPro MT4 Platform time ?
(I don't suppose it would matter that where I live or what my current time is)

tickstory

Re: Adjust Dukascopy tick time in order to match FxPro price

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are trying to generally match the chart "form" of FxPro but it maybe worthwhile noting that the pricing will never match exactly because all FX platforms are decentralized and therefore will have different prices at any given moment.

If you need to match the time-zone of your exported data with FXPro, you will need to simply select the time-zone of that broker's server. A quick Google search seems to suggest that FX Pro UK operates in the "European time-zone with DST", so select this from Tickstory's timezone box. There is an section dedicated to time-zones in the manual (https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... time-zones) which should also help.

Regards.