5 years of data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Nigel B

5 years of data

Post by Nigel B »

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the software, it's doing an excellent job for me.

As our algo works exclusively on M5 I've only downloaded the last 2 years of data on all pairs and also to save space but I thought I'd download 5 years on just 1 pair so that I could back test in 12 month or 24 month chunks. I can see the data for EURAUD has downloaded 5 years worth as the size of the M5 file is over 100,000KB, 2.5 times the size of the rest but for some reason when I plug in say 2013-2015 I get zero results, it's behaving as though there is no data there at all. It's no big deal but it would be good to know if I've done/doing something wrong or if there's something else I have to do.
Cheers
NB

tickstory

Re: 5 years of data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nigel,

You may be coming across an MT4 limitation which results in > 4GB FXT files no being supported properly. A workaround you may try is to uncheck "Use dates" and see if that solves the issue. The other thing is to note any errors you may be getting in your EA journal.

If this fails to resolve the issue, you may want to reduce the size of your export to around 1-2 years (and ensure the FXT file is under 4GB) and see if that is the issue.

Hope this helps.

Nigel B

Re: 5 years of data

Post by Nigel B »

Wow, that was quick, thanks very much, I'll try that.