Help: Error 403

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
kinglove194

Help: Error 403

Post by kinglove194 »

Hello !
My internet connection is fine, but i can't download data, and i tested connection is show error: "Error: The remote server returned an error:(403) Forbidden". Please help me.
Many thanks !!!

tickstory

Re: Help: Error 403

Post by tickstory »

Hi there,

Please try to access this URL in your browser and see if it works (it should download a small file):

http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5

If it works, you might want to check your browser's internet proxy settings and make sure you have entered the same details in the Tickstory configuration.

If it doesn't work, then it's likely that your internet connection to the tick data repository is being blocked for some reason. You can possibly work around this by using a web proxy or VPN.

Hope this helps.

kinglove194

Post by kinglove194 »

Hi,
I can download data from your link, but my tickstorys still not work, what can i do ? Please guide me, thanks !!!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

If you have the "Use proxy" setting checked in Tickstory's File->Settings, then try unchecking it and testing your connection. If this doesn't work, you will need to find your browser's proxy settings and input them into Tickstory's web proxy settings. If you are using the software within a company, you may need to ask your system administrator for these details.
Also check that there is no firewall blocking the software from accessing the internet.

Thanks.

kinglove194

Post by kinglove194 »

Hi,
It still doesn't work, but thanks for your help :(

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kinglove,

A "403 Forbidden" error means that something is denying you access to the web site. Are you able to post a screenshot of the error message along with your Tickstory "Dukascopy" settings?

To help us trouble-shoot the issue, could you please confirm that you have temporarily disabled any anti-virus checkers or firewalls that might be blocking the application? And also, would you know whether your internet connection requires a proxy?

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kinglove,

Thanks for the screenshots. Unfortunately it doesn't really reveal the issue. If the link is accessible via your web browser, it means some sort of configuration is preventing Tickstory from accessing the website.

Again, could you please tell us:

- That you have temporarily disabled any anti-virus checkers or firewalls that might be blocking the application? If you are using the software at your workplace, please ensure they are not blocking applications from accessing the internet.
- Do you know whether your internet connection requires a proxy? You can ask your system adminstrator, otherwise check in your brower's proxy settings to see if you have a manual proxy set up.

Would you have another PC that you can try the software on?

Thanks.