Historical Data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
kelvid

Historical Data

Post by kelvid »

Hi,

I have 2 questions:
1. I tried export to Mt4 for historical data from 1 Jan 2014 to 31 Dec 2017, it successfully export but unable to launch MT4 using tickstory. Is it file size too huge?
2. I tried second method, which I first download 1 Jan 2014 to 31 Dec 2015, the fxt in (...\tester\history) and hst in (...\history\ICMarkets-Live02) using export to mt4 method, after exported successfully, i manually copied the files to another folder in pc. I then continue export to mt4 for date range 1 Jan 2016 to 31 Dec 2017 using similar method. After that I tried backtested for 1 Jan 2014 to 31 Dec 2014 (I have manually copied back the data into both folder above, but I get <90% modeling quality.

Please help what's the proper way?

tickstory

Re: Historical Data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kelvid,

In response to your questions:

1) Ideally you should keep your data (FXT) files under 4GB since MT4 sometimes has difficulty processing larger files. This said, this should not affect whether the launcher works. If you are getting errors please refer to our FAQ to resolve them: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... cher_error.

2) It is possible to copy both the HST and FXT files to another PC & terminal but you will need to ensure that it has exactly the same server name (eg. "ICMarkets-Live02") and symbol (eg. "EURUSD"). This is because there is information within the FXT files that MT4 validates before commencing a back-test.
If you are getting 90% modelling quality, make sure the symbol name is the same on the alternate PC and you may also need to mark your FXT files manually as "read-only" via Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps.