Backtest always stops on a certain date.

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
daio

Backtest always stops on a certain date.

Post by daio »

I bought the Tickstory license, after perfectly following the procedure (download the data EURUSD from 27/12/2016 to 04/04/2017), I checked the weight of the memory Tester -> History 1.8 gb (FXT).
I backtest for 3 months (01/01 / 2017-31 / 03/2017) the 99.90% model but it always stops the date of 14/02/2017. I tried to change several times but it always stops on 14/02/2017, why?
I have not installed EA Tickstoryinfo, better to install?
Attachments
1.PNG

tickstory

Re: Backtest always stops on a certain date.

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daio,

Thank you for the information. Have you tried testing with a simple EA such as "MACD Sample" to see if you get results after the date? If not, just double-check that you are not connected to your broker and that is is overwriting your exported data. You should be able to do this by checking the Historical Data Center and viewing the date range available corresponds to those that you exported.

If this is not the issue, it is possible that your EA is not trading for some reason (such as using an x day moving average and there not being sufficient data?). If you have access to the code, you should be able to debug it by putting regular "print" statements in the code to see at what stage it is stopping.

Hope this helps.

daio

Post by daio »

Thanks for the answer, it seems that the problem is solved by trying to download the data in different ways and now works with backtest for a year with model 99.9% (but stramente I memora 13 GB .FXT and works well). Now I would like to know how EA Tickstoryinfo works, I downloaded EA without modifying anything and I did AutoTrading (the smiley face), but I do not understand if it is processing. Then I tried to load the path on MetaTrader info but I can not find mt4config, can you help me?
Attachments
1.PNG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daio,

The "mt4config" file will be written to the <MT4 Data Folder>/experts/files directory. If it doesn't exist, please check the "Journal" tab to ensure there are no errors. This article in our FAQ may assist you if you are continuing to have issues:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... infoexpert

Thanks.

daio

Post by daio »

I followed the path but the mt4config file is not there. The diary does not indicate any errors.
Attachments
Diario.PNG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daio,

You'll need to wait for at least 1 tick before the EA is run. Alternatively, if you are not receiving ticks (due to it being a weekend, for example) you can also run the EA in the Strategy Tester. To do this, select EURUSD and the "Open tick" modelling mode and press Start. After completion, the mt4config file should exist in the tester/files directory. (NB. Make sure you change the testing mode back to "Tick" when you are ready to back-test).

Please let us know if there is any further issue.

Thanks.

daio

Post by daio »

I deactivated autotrading and I activated a few seconds after the ticks moved but nothing changed, I activated backtest but still can not find mt4config
Attachments
Diario.PNG

daio

Post by daio »

I tried a tick "allow DDL" it seems and the diary dices that serve a permission but not so what
Attachments
Diario.PNG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Daio,

Looks like the EA is running now which is good, however it is giving an error that should be able to be resolved by changing the "Config filename" as described here:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... infoexpert

Once you do this, the m4config file should be created.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks.

daio

Post by daio »

After several attempts I discovered that it was sufficient to remove the POINT!
initially I had configured:
- International Capital Markets Pty Ltd.Server..mt4config
as written by the advisor but then I modified it by leaving "Version" empty and removing a dot after the word "server":
- International Capital Markets Pty Ltd.Server.mt4config.

Can you confirm if I have configured well and with the screenshot?
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (11.18 KiB) Viewed 17109 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (10.2 KiB) Viewed 17109 times