Problem with Dax30/Ger30

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: Problem with Dax30/Ger30

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nievski,

Thanks for upgrading to the Standard license - we know you are a registered user from your email address.

Regarding your query, the most important points when testing the DAX are:

1) Get the symbol settings for your broker's DAX symbol (as you have done).
2) When "Exporting to MT4", load the settings for the symbol (assuming you haven't set them as default) and then ensure you set the "Map to" field as your MT4's symbol name (i.e. GER30 in your case).

If you are getting "Tester cannot calculate prices" and "Order 131" errors, this typically means you haven't done the steps above correctly. Just make sure you have transcribed all the symbol settings correctly before exporting to MT4.

If you continue to have issues, appreciate if you can give us a screenshot of your MT4 Export settings versus your broker's FXT settings for GER30.

Thanks!

Investor_br

Post by Investor_br »

I have the same problem, even following the recommendations, continues giving this error.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Investor_br,

To assist you further, could you please give us the following:

1) The MT4 broker you are using.
2) A screenshot of your File->Export to MT4->MT4 Settings window compared against your MT4 broker settings (as described in this topic: https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809).
3) A screenshot of the error you are getting.

Thanks.

abul84

Post by abul84 »

Hi,
I do get the same problem with DAX30... Forex is working fine.
I already read a lot in the forum and tried out the steps of solution, but it did not work out for me... I've attached a screenshot of my export and broker settings:
tickstoryScr.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Abul84,

If you're getting an error, could you kindly provide a screenshot of the details?

Thanks.

giorgioassenza

Post by giorgioassenza »

Hello,
I performed all the procedure now the forex backtest works, the dax backtest does not work. my broker is IG Market.
you can help me? thank you

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Giorgioassenza,

Could you please provide more information - are you getting an error of some sort?

Thanks.