Not appear Launch Tickstory

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Angeltrader77

Not appear Launch Tickstory

Post by Angeltrader77 »

Hello, I'm new with tickstory buy the license two days ago and I can not configure it well.

When I launch it from tick story appears but the patch disappears.
I have the well configured root directories but when I go to do a backtest it does not load me
historical from tickstory.
I read the manual several times and I have browsed the forum looking for some solution but
I do not find the problem that it can be.

I upload some captures in case someone can help me thanks
Attachments
configure_mt4_export.png
databank_dukas.png
export_m60.png

tickstory

Re: Not appear Launch Tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Angeltrader,

Welcome to the gang and thanks for the screenshots which are helpful. It looks like the name of your symbol on your Metatrader terminal is called "EURUSDm" which means you will need to tell Tickstory this during the export. To do this, you need to "Map" the Tickstory symbol "EURUSD" to "EURUSDm" by specifying "EURUSDm" (without quotes) in the MT4 Export->MT4 Settings->Map to field. This is described in the manual and also if you search for "Map to" in the forum.

Regarding the Launch Title bar, don't be too concerned about this unless you get an error from Tickstory after launching. The most important part is to ensure you get 99.9% modelling quality for your back-test. Once you map your symbol as described, you should have your first tick back-test.

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks.

Angeltrader77

Post by Angeltrader77 »

Ok now it's perfect the equity curve is identical, now I can trust much more of my backtest.

Thank you very much, I will continue to ask for help.
Attachments
equity_mt4_99.9%.png
backtest 1.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great news! Nice equity curve. I think we'll be asking the ones asking you for some help ;)