GOLD

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
huangwh88

Re: GOLD

Post by huangwh88 »

tickstory wrote:Hi Huangwh88,

If you are getting "data mistmatched" messages it means your exported data is not being used. Are you sure you have mapped to your MT4 symbol correctly (eg. "XAUUSD" -> "GOLD")?

Thanks.
Hi Tickstory,
gold appears as 'XAUUSD' in my MT4. When exporting I left the 'map to' box blank. Is this right?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That sounds correct if your MT4 symbol is same as Tickstory's (XAUUSD). You might need to check the FXT and ensure your .FXT files are marked as 'read-only'. Are you able to do 99% back-tests correct with other symbols? If you continue to have problems, could you please send a few more screenshots including the contents of your FXT data folder?

Thanks.

huangwh88

Post by huangwh88 »

tickstory wrote:That sounds correct if your MT4 symbol is same as Tickstory's (XAUUSD). You might need to check the FXT and ensure your .FXT files are marked as 'read-only'. Are you able to do 99% back-tests correct with other symbols? If you continue to have problems, could you please send a few more screenshots including the contents of your FXT data folder?

Thanks.
Hi Tickstory,

Yes the FXT are read-only. All the currency pairs have no problem. I don't think this is a 4GB issue because many currency pairs FXT exceed 4GB. The screenshots below show the gold FXTs in the folder and the export settings (I presume something is wrong here).
Attachments
export settings
export settings
FXT folder
FXT folder

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Huangwh88,

Everything seems to look ok as far as your FXT output goes. In the first instance, you may want to try un-checking 'Use dates' in the Strategy Tester as there are instances where this can be a workaround to the 4gb limitation. If you believe the errors you are getting are a result of the 4gb limitation, have you tried reducing the size of your exported data to see if the problem is resolved? We haven't seen a situation where the data gives 'unmatched' data errors unless the data has been exported incorrectly.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

huangwh88

Post by huangwh88 »

Everything seems to look ok as far as your FXT output goes. In the first instance, you may want to try un-checking 'Use dates' in the Strategy Tester as there are instances where this can be a workaround to the 4gb limitation. If you believe the errors you are getting are a result of the 4gb limitation, have you tried reducing the size of your exported data to see if the problem is resolved? We haven't seen a situation where the data gives 'unmatched' data errors unless the data has been exported incorrectly.

Please let us know.

Thanks.
Hi Tickstory,

I am sure the 4GB is not the problem since other pairs exceed 4GB, but only gold has this problem. I still have the FXT cannot open error when trying to test in tick mode. From your post here, https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... t=20#p5382, I believe the most likely culprit is incorrect export settings.

So I tried to get the right settings by restarting MT4 without tickstory, and testing with control points H1. I do get a FXT generated from the backtest but there are unmatched data errors and only 1 trade, so there must be a problem.

Should I try re-exporting the data again? Though there were no errors the first time round.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Huangwh88,

Thanks for the further explanation. Yes, you will get errors while back-testing with 'Open price' mode (as described in Step 2 of https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =809#p3663). This is not a problem. Continue to follow through the rest of the steps to copy all the settings from your broker as described.

What broker are you currently using?

Thanks.

huangwh88

Post by huangwh88 »

Thanks for the further explanation. Yes, you will get errors while back-testing with 'Open price' mode (as described in Step 2 of https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =809#p3663). This is not a problem. Continue to follow through the rest of the steps to copy all the settings from your broker as described.

What broker are you currently using?

Thanks.
Hi Tickstory,
I was testing with control points, not open prices. Should I still proceed with the rest of the steps?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Huangwh88, yes please proceed with the rest of the steps as described. The process of testing with 'Control prices' or 'Open prices' is so that you can get your specific broker settings from the FXT file that MT4 creates. After that, the following steps describe how to copy these settings so that the next time you generate a Tick FXT file it will contain these same settings.
Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks.

huangwh88

Post by huangwh88 »

tickstory wrote:Hi Huangwh88, yes please proceed with the rest of the steps as described. The process of testing with 'Control prices' or 'Open prices' is so that you can get your specific broker settings from the FXT file that MT4 creates. After that, the following steps describe how to copy these settings so that the next time you generate a Tick FXT file it will contain these same settings.
Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks.
Hi Tickstory,

I can now backtest gold with 99%, but my broker settings for base currency is XAU (screenshot). When exporting, XAU isn't selectable so I chose USD. Will this make a difference?
Attachments
gold.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Huangwh88,

That's good news! Regarding the 'XAU', it is best to make sure all settings match. The value does not appear in the drop-down, however you can enter this value manually.
Don't forget to save your settings so you don't need to do this on every export!

Regards.