GMT+3 >>> GMT+2 Will it change automatic?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
loscsaba86

GMT+3 >>> GMT+2 Will it change automatic?

Post by loscsaba86 »

Hi!

I have an Expert Advisor. It trades every Friday if there is NFP announcement. So the NFP announcement is at 14:30 (Hungarian time) This is GMT+2 now in sommer.

My broker server time is AT SOMMER GMT+3, so the robot has now 15:30 as trading time of course.

The question is: if I download historical datas with Tickstory, should I give now GMT+3 as server time? Will it change the actual trading time (15:30) to 14:30 automatically if I test longer time? I think about, if there is winter. Because it should trade always at the NFP and not 1 hour earlier let say...

Thanks for the replies!

Best regards: Csaba

tickstory

Re: GMT+3 >>> GMT+2 Will it change automatic?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Csaba,

If you have selected the "UTC+2 with European/London DST", then the time-stamps of the exported data will be shifted automatically to reflect the daylight savings time for all the exported data/dates. You can cross-check the dates when DST does and doesn't apply for the European time-zone on this post:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 167&p=5897

Of course, there is also some extra information on the topic of time-zones as well in the manual.

Hope this helps.

loscsaba86

Post by loscsaba86 »

Hi!

Thank you!

Does it mean, that the "Time" at the Timezone setting should be MY TIME? Not the broker time? (Till now I always checked my broker's server time, so I always had UTC+3.)
Let say: I am now in Hungary, my time is UTC+2. Now is sommer. I should choose "UTC+2 with European / London DST" and then it will be ok?

Thank you!

Csaba

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Csaba,

Tickstory converts the time-zone of the instrument's data (GMT/UTC in the case of Forex pairs) into the time-zone you select (which should match your broker time zone). In this way, the exported data will look just like your broker's.
If there is something unclear in the manual's explanation, please let us know so we can clarify further.

Thanks!