Terminal.exe not found in MT4 Installation Folder

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
wdwysong

Terminal.exe not found in MT4 Installation Folder

Post by wdwysong »

I have Build 1045 terminal.exe in my program file. But when trying to launch MT4 from Tickstory, I receive the following message:
"Terminal.exe was not found in your MT4 Installation Folder. Please check your settings and ensure you have selected the correct location."
The Tickstory MT4 Settings look correct. I appreciate any help!

tickstory

Re: Terminal.exe not found in MT4 Installation Folder

Post by tickstory »

Hi Wdwysong.

I assume you have confirmed that your Tickstory settings is pointing to the correct MT4 Installation Folder which contains terminal.exe (in Tickstory's File->Settings->MT4 Settings).
If so, could you kindly try to run Tickstory as Administrator (right-click the Tickstory icon and select 'Run as administrator') to see if this resolve the issue?

Thanks.

phantom5000

Post by phantom5000 »

I just purchased the newest version. Again like the previous versions in the past, I can get all the info in the settings to show by pointing it to this directory. C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\256B1A5D44C0E5B9C193652A85F25AB2

It will not populate the lines in the Settings: Default MT4 Installation section if I tell it to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\LMFX Metatrader.

So now the problem is getting it to find the Terminal.exe.
Do I need to wait till market opens for my MT4 Platform?
Do I need to rename any folders/files?
Do I need to download any library files?

I am running Windows 10. I have opened tickstory in both Regular mode and Administrator mode.

Has anyone figured this issue out yet?
Attachments
snip_20170716145154.png
snip_20170716145106.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi there,

Your Metatrader Installation folder should be set to C:\Program Files (x86)\LMFX Metatrader if that is where you have installed MT4 (and therefore terminal.exe should be there).
Are you able to press the "Select" button near the "Metatrader Installation" specification and then select this directory? After that, your MT4 Data Folder will automatically be detected. Your settings should then look something like:

MT4 Installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\LMFX Metatrader
MT4 Data Folder: C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\256B1A5D44C0E5B9C193652A85F25AB

Once you have configured this and press the OK button, the launcher should work (of course, please make sure C:\Program Files (x86)\LMFX Metatrader\terminal.exe exists if you get the same launch error).

Hope this helps.

phantom5000

Post by phantom5000 »

Okay, as I said I tried that. It somes up with the same error. Terminal.exe not found.
Attachments
2.png
1.png

phantom5000

Post by phantom5000 »

As you can see it is in this folder. TERMINAL.EXE but when i set up the settings I can not select this folder without getting an error. So i have to go through Metaquotes (C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\256B1A5D44C0E5B9C193652A85F25AB2\MQL4) folder to get anything to populate.
Attachments
3.png

phantom5000

Post by phantom5000 »

When I try t do as you said I get this error.
Attachments
4.png

phantom5000

Post by phantom5000 »

Okay, to everyone trying to do this. I waited until the market opened up on Sunday. Then launched my MT4 Platform again.
Then Tickstory would at this point allow me to select the default folder C:\Programfiles\(your metatrader folder).
Tickstory must connect with your MT4 Broker & Platofrm to confirm a good installation. So wait until market is open or you will get the above errors.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Phantom,

Thanks for the tip. We hadn't come across this scenario but yes, if you cannot connect to your broker's after your MT4 installation you will need to wait until it is online. Tickstory detects a valid MT4 installation by ensuring certain broker files are present.

Regards.