MT4 Strategy Tester is not Running the Test

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
joybasu007

MT4 Strategy Tester is not Running the Test

Post by joybasu007 »

Hello

I just got Tick Story and followed the instruction as it is in the TickStory Video.

and downloaded H4 data of EURUSD for 1 year.
and tried to run a test on my EA.

but it didn't work..

But my eas was doing fine before i downloaded tickstory data to my brokr.

I'm copy pasting my JOURNAL details here :

Please do let me know what is wrong..and why it is wrong.
Like i said the ea was doing fine untill it was using the broker data for backtesting..

JOURNAL :

2017.06.23 23:01:10.726 2016.06.01 00:00:00 Harmonic_Pattern_Scanner_AutoPilot_v2 EURUSD,H4: not initialized

2017.06.23 23:01:10.726 2016.06.01 00:00:00 Harmonic_Pattern_Scanner_AutoPilot_v2 EURUSD,H4: array out of range in 'Harmonic_Pattern_Scanner_AutoPilot_v2.mq4' (1621,20)

tickstory

Re: MT4 Strategy Tester is not Running the Test

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joybasu007,

It looks like your EA is raising an "array out of range" error. It may be that your EA for some reason cannot handle large amounts of data. For example, it is wrongly expecting less than a certain number of ticks to occur and when you exceed these number of ticks your EA fails. If this is your EA code, you will need to determine the cause of the issue within the code. If this is authored by someone else, you will need them to look at why this is occurring.

You might want to confirm first that you are successfully running a 99.9% back-test by running the "MACD Sample" EA. If all is good there, then you will need address the issue in your EA code as you could come across the problem in a live environment.

Regards.

joybasu007

Post by joybasu007 »

Hello

The array issue that the ea was having was fixed and today i tried again to run the test. I followed the same process. Launched MT4 from tickstory and conducted the test.
This time around the Tester was running the test as i can see in Visual the charts were running forward.

But there's a new issue.

During the test..there was no visible "TRADES" on the chart. Usually when back testing there are visible trades that the tester shows and also there should be the graph and the "REPORT".
All of these tabs were empty.

There was not movement in the graph (It was not drwaing out the graph) and thee was no report as well during period of the test.
Usually the graph starts to draw itself when a ea is been tested..and the REPORT usually starts to fill in.

But nothing is happening..just the test is running on the chart.

wish i could show you the screenshots..i dont know how to upload it here.

And in the Journal tab..it shows the trades is been placed..
But i cannot see it on the chart..

Please help.

Thank you

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joybasu007,

If the report is empty, it means no trades are being created for some reason. Check out this article in our FAQ which may help trouble-shoot this issue:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... nottrading

If you haven't already, sounds like you might need to do some "base-lining" again to make sure your general MT4 setup is correct:

- Try testing your EA without tick data - do the trades show up on the chart? If yes, this proves that your general setup is correct - for example, that your colour scheme isn't causing the problem.
- Try testing with tick data and MACD Sample EA - do the trades show on the chart? Are you getting 99.9% modelling quality? If yes, this proves that its not an issue with the tick data and has something to do with the way your EA is working.

You can upload screenshots by pasting them in a image editor such as MS Paint, saving them as a .jpg and then attaching them to a forum post.

Thanks.