I'm getting N/A for modeling quality

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
jim.thornton

I'm getting N/A for modeling quality

Post by jim.thornton »

I've downloaded and installed Tickstory. Got the license inputted and am launching MT4 from within Tickstory. However, I'm still getting N/A for modeling quality.

Can someone please help me?

tickstory

Re: I'm getting N/A for modeling quality

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jim,

Of course we can help. Could you kindly confirm you've gone through the trouble-shooting check-lists here:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... cher_error
https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality

If you are still having issues, could you kindly provide us some further information including:

- Confirmation of the Tickstory version and Metatrader versions you are using.
- A screenshot of the MT4 Strategy Tester 'Settings' and 'Journal' tab.
- A screenshot of the contents of your MT4 FXT Data Folder (in MT4, go to File->Open Data folder and browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).

We will have you up-and-running shortly!

Thanks.

jim.thornton

Post by jim.thornton »

I have looked at those links, but to be honest, they really aren't detailed enough. I've done what I can from there, but it says to do things but then it doesn't say how to do them. But, I think I've done everything correctly and still getting N/A.

Note: My EA only deals with daily candles. So, I'm not sure if that changes anything.

There are a lot of errors on the Journal page. And the reports page says just as many unmatched chart errors.

I have attached all the screenshots.
Attachments
metatrader-3.png
metatrader-2.png
metatrader-1.png

jim.thornton

Post by jim.thornton »

Here are the final 2 screenshots.
Attachments
metatrader-5.png
metatrader-4.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for the screenshots. It looks like you have not "mapped" your symbol. This process is important as it tells Tickstory the corresponding symbol name that is being used by Metatrader (these symbols can vary between brokers). Notice how your symbol name you are testing in Metatrader is called .US500Cash (note the period in front!) You will need to map Tickstory's symbol which is called USA500IDX to your MT4 symbol name, .US500Cash. To do this:

1) In Tickstory, select USA500IDX and 'Export to MT4'.
2) In the 'Export to MT4' dialog, click on the "Metatrader Info" tab and ensure you type in your MT4 symbol name in the "map to" field as shown in the attached screenshot. Make sure the symbol name matches exactly (including the period and case). Ensure also that your 'Base Currency' is set to USD.
3) Select OK to begin the export.
4) Launch Metatrader by pressing F8.
5) Attempt your back-test again. You should get 99% modelling quality.

Once you have successfully done this, please follow through the steps described here to complete your setup for this symbol. The process described below will ensure you have all the correct settings (lot step, etc) from your broker. It only needs to be done once and can be saved for subsequent use:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks.
exportsettings.jpg

jim.thornton

Post by jim.thornton »

OK. I did what you suggested (mapped the symbol). But, it is now stopping right away.

Here is the latest Journal.
Attachments
metatrader-6.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That's a good step forward, Jim! It appears you have mapped your symbol correctly and Tickstory's exported data is now being used. The error you are getting should be solved when you complete the next step which was mentioned. Once you copy all your broker details as described, export and then test, you should have a complete back-test.
Please let us know how you go.

Thanks.

jim.thornton

Post by jim.thornton »

I did complete that information, or so I thought.

Where do I get that information from to make sure it is correct? I don't know what a lot step is.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jim,

It's not necessary to know the purpose of the fields - you just need to make sure the values match your broker's. The instructions to copy this information are here (see also previous post):

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

As mentioned, you will need to do this once for this particular symbol and then save your settings so you can use them each time you wish to export.

Please let us know how you go.

Thanks.

jim.thornton

Post by jim.thornton »

OK. I've entered that stuff in and am Exporting again.

For some reason, everytime I click Export, it re-downloads everything. So, when I make a change I have to re-download all the tick data again. So this is going to take a while to get back to you.