Can't seem to find Tickstoryinfoscript in drop down menu

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
cym78718

Can't seem to find Tickstoryinfoscript in drop down menu

Post by cym78718 »

Hello,
I used to use lite version of tickstory, but then it did not offer proper 'launch MT4' function so I purchased and downloaded standard version

While I am able to 'launch MT4' correctly, I can't find 'TickstroryinfoScript, Copyright...' in drop-down menu for Exper Advisor in Strategy Tester menu.
dropdown list.PNG
i've attached the screen shot of it to this post please check and let me know how i can figure this out.

fyi, i've attached MT4 settings too
MT4 setting.PNG

tickstory

Re: Can't seem to find Tickstoryinfoscript in drop down menu

Post by tickstory »

Hello cym78718,

To install the TickstoryExpert EA, go to Export MT4->Help->Deploy MQ4. This will copy the EA to the Metatrader folder that you have selected (you may need to restart Metatrader before it shows in the EA list). You can also manually copy the EA if you prefer - it is located in Tickstory's installation folder.

Hope this helps.

cym78718

Post by cym78718 »

thank you so much for your prompt response.
Do I have to 'deploy MT4' every time I export the data to MT4? or is this one time only?

and regarding manually copying the data into MT4, can you give me a link where I can follow this process step by step?
you can just give me instructions here too.

thank you!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cym78718,

Similar to any EA, you just need to deploy it once for each MT4 installation.

The basic steps to export are:

1) In Tickstory, go to File->Settings and make sure you configure all the details, including your MT4 installation.
2) Select the instrument you wish to back-test with and then select "Export to MT4".
3) Select the date range you wish to export.
4) Select the "MT4 Settings" tab and "map" the symbol name to the symbol name exactly as it is named in MT4. If your symbol name in MT4 is already the same in MT4 (eg. EURUSD), you can leave this blank. If it is named something else in MT4 (eg. EURUSDm), then put this symbol name exactly as it appears in MT4.
5) Press OK and the export will begin.
6) Once the export is complete, press 'Launch' to start Metatrader (important step).
7) In MT4 go to the Strategy Tester and select 'Tick' modelling, the instrument you have just exported and the EA you wish to test.
8) Press the 'Start' button and the test will commence. When it is complete, the report should read 99.9% modelling quality.

Hope this helps.