not get 99.9% when i make backtest

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
hasan

not get 99.9% when i make backtest

Post by hasan »

hello
i dont know what is rong with my test way for 99.9% .. i have purchase the last version on friday .. i make 2 back test .. it was good it was 99.9% .. i closed my comp. yesterday saturday since then i am not getting 99.9% backtest it is every time n/a .. i need help in this .. thanks

tickstory

Re: not get 99.9% when i make backtest

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hasan,

If you are getting n/a modelling quality, please check the following:

- That you have launched MT4 via Tickstory's 'Launch' button.
- That you have exported your data to the correct MT4 Data Folder (make sure Tickstory's File->Settings->MT4->MT4 Data Folder is the same folder location as Metatrader's File->Open Data Folder).
- That you have correctly mapped your symbol to exactly the same symbol name as it appears in Metatrader (for example, "EURUSDm"). The process of "mapping" symbols is described in the manual.

If you are still having difficulties, appreciate if you can send some comprehensive screenshots of all the settings/information as described above.

Thanks.

hasan

Post by hasan »

Hello .. thanks for your reply .. i checked from what you told me in your last post .. i found that the data is in the same folder .. and the sympole of the currency is the same for both ... please what i need you to tell me the procesure step by step since the opining of my computer .. then i make double click on tickstory on my descktop .. and ...like that .. i need to know every click .. i know it is something wear ... but i have to know every click i make and what must appear or happen after this click and then the next click ... thanks in advanced

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hasan,

The export procedure is:

1) Set up your MT4 (and other) configuration in Tickstory's File->Settings.
2) Export the desired symbol. Make sure you "map" any symbol names if the MT4 symbol name is different in your terminal (eg. EURUSD -> EURUSDm, XAUUSD -> GOLD ).
3) Launch Metatrader by using the "Launch" button in Tickstory.
4) In MT4's Strategy Tester, select the symbol you have exported, ensure 'Tick' modelling type is chosen. Then press 'Start' to start your back-test.
5) Check that your report reads '99.9%' modelling quality.

If you are still not getting this, please send us screenshots of each above-mentioned step so we can help trouble-shoot.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hasan,

As per our conversation offline, you are now up-and-running. It appears that you needed to 'Launch' MT4 correctly prior to your back-test. Once this was done, you had 99% modelling on your back-test.

Happy back-testing!