Missing M1 hst bars

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
jeff

Missing M1 hst bars

Post by jeff »

My downloaded data is missing many M1 bars at random times (not large gaps, just missing M1 bars every few hours across different pairs). Are these normal gaps in Duk data or is something off in the creation of the HST files? Thank you.

tickstory

Re: Missing M1 hst bars

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jeff,

You can double-check the raw data that we get from Dukascopy by looking in Tickstory's Data Inspector or Chart tool. If the data is missing from here, then yes, this means that the Dukascopy instrument was illiquid and/or not trading at this time.

Regards.

jeff

Post by jeff »

Yes, I doubled checked the data and many of my missing M1 bars are in fact in the Duk data, but somehow are missing in history center (hst) when I export to MT4 with TS. I am unsure what is going on, it is odd. I am not backtesting with mt4, so I am not looking for fxt files, just high quality M1 hst bars. I may try loading the hst to a file outside of MT4 to see if that helps. I also wonder if taking my terminal offline will help.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jeff,

Yes, please ensure your terminal is disconnected as MT4 may attempt to back-fill data from your broker. The other thing you may want to do if you're trouble-shooting is to "include weekends" and with 'Adjust timezone' to 'None' on your export. This will ensure the data is exported with the minimum modifications from its raw form. After identifying the issue you can obviously revert back.

Regards.