Backtest won't work properly.. "fxt read only" error

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
d4amenace

Backtest won't work properly.. "fxt read only" error

Post by d4amenace »

I cannot backtest with this newest version (1.8.7). I downloaded tick data with 1.8.6 and that data still works fine. Since updating though the downloaded tick data is unusable. I am running in portable mode and I am using mt4 version 1045.

I have attached a picture of the error and the setting for exporting the tick data from tickstory.

Let me know if you need additional information for troubleshooting.
Attachments
2.png
3.png
1.png

tickstory

Re: Backtest won't work properly.. "fxt read only" error

Post by tickstory »

Hi D3Menace,

The "Fxt is read-only" message is not any error but a notification and is expected when using Tickstory (since it marks the FXT files as 'read-only'). You will be getting this same message across all versions of Metatrader (and Tickstory).

There doesn't appear to be any issue in your screenshots. If it's the case that your EA is not trading, you will need to try tweaking some of your settings as suggested in https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... nottrading.

If you are having issues with the optimizer, try deleting the cache file by going to the <MT4 Data Folder>\tester\cache folder. This might help clear any stale results and force a recalculation.

Hope this helps.
P.S. You should be seeing no differences between v1.8.6 and v1.8.7 as the only change is the support for the latest MT4 Build 1045+.