Remote Server/timeout Error during download

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
adianto9

Remote Server/timeout Error during download

Post by adianto9 »

Hi,

I have purchased Tickstory using Paypal. My email is the same I used to register in this forum.

I need your help, there are errors when I tried to download historical data.
ErrorTickstory.jpg
Tried USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD in last 1 year period. All errors and download failed.

Help..

tickstory

Re: Remote Server/timeout Error during download

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adianto,

The error you are getting is indicative of an internet connection issue - or possibly an temporary glitch in the Dukascopy's servers. If the issue is still occurring, do you have another internet connection or PC you can try this on?

Thanks.

adianto9

Post by adianto9 »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried 2 computers, 2 internet connections. All failed. But I think I found the problem, all my internet connections are blocking dukascopy.com.
Here in my country, the government blocked many forex websites. No wonder the connection is lost when I tried to download historical data.

What should I do??

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adianto,

Which country are you trying to download from? It's a little bit tricky if these websites are blocked for you. You will effectively need to bypass the block via VPNs or the like (assuming this is legal). If is it only the DNS that is blocked, you could potentially add the IP address directly to your Windows hosts file:

datafeed.dukascopy.com 194.8.15.131

Unfortunately we don't really provide additional support around this.
The other option is to find a friend who can provide you with a zipped version of their Dukascopy data folder so you can unzip it to your machine.

Hope this helps.

adianto9

Post by adianto9 »

My country: Indonesia

Government blocked many forex brokers including myfxbook, dukascopy etc.

I don't know how to bypass the blockage. I will google to solve this..

thanks for your support

*anyone can give me detailed guide how to solve this???

adianto9

Post by adianto9 »

At first I didn't know if dukascopy was blocked by my internet provider. But I now I have found a way to make it work.
I have a VPS to host my mt4 located in UK. I install tickstory to that vps, then download historical data from it. After download process finished, I upload the historical data to google drive (zipped file).
Upload to google drive finished. Then I download it to my home pc. Finally, I can do back test using my home pc. 99.9% modelling quality back test achieved. Done.