TickstoryInfoExpert

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Kerim

TickstoryInfoExpert

Post by Kerim »

Hi! Please answer the questions about EA TickstoryInfoExpert.

1. How often do I configure the file TickstoryInfoExpert.ex4? This should be done once in the beginning or periodically? It matters on what the connected broker account to do this?
2. Explain, what it means "Modify any EA settings, such as selecting "m" as the suffix for micro accounts"? I didn't do it, but the file was configured anyway)

tickstory

Re: TickstoryInfoExpert

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kerim,

Regarding your questions:

1) You need to run TickstoryExpertEA only once per broker/MT4 installation you are setting up. Essentially, it grabs all the broker-specific settings for the various symbols (i.e. the FX symbols and GOLD. If you are using other symbols such as DAX, it is recommended you get your settings using this method: https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809).

2) The "Suffix" setting is used when your symbol is not exactly like "EURUSD". For example, on some brokers the symbol name is "EURUSDm" or "EURUSDecn". In these cases you would need to specify the suffix "m" and "ecn", respectively. By specifying this, you are telling the system to "map" your symbol from the standard "EURUSD" name to your broker-specific symbol name of "EURUSDm".

Hope this helps.