Launching with Mt4 Build 1045

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: Launching with Mt4 Build 1045

Post by tickstory »

Hi Berserk2008,

The message you have posted a screenshot of is a notification, not an error. If you are getting a modelling quality other than 99.9%, it means MT4 is not using the data you have exported correctly. This could be due to specifying an incorrect MT4 Data Folder and/or not mapping your symbol correctly. Both topics are covered in the manual.

We have attempted to contact you via a private message - could you please respond so we can assist you further?

Thanks.

digi88

Post by digi88 »

Hi, I'm having problems running backtests with build 1045 as well. The backtest is not running even though I launch mt4 thro tickstory as administrator. I'm not getting the change in the mt4 header with FXT Overwrite Prevention, etc too. Attached is what my mt4 header and tester journal look like. Please assist.
Attachments
tester journal
tester journal
mt4 header
mt4 header

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello Digi88,

The title bar is sometimes overridden by MT4. Are you getting 99.9% modelling quality on your results? If so, this indicates everything is ok.

Thanks.

digi88

Post by digi88 »

The backtest runs but no trades are opened even though forward testing shows trades are supposed to open. What is wrong?

Just to give some additional info - I've checked the spreads and widen it but still no trades open in backtest. There are no error messages either in the journal tab.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Digi88,

It doesn't sound like you are experiencing any issues with launching. Please refer to our FAQ to help trouble-shoot your "no trade" problem:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... nottrading
https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... difference

It sounds like you will need to tweak some of your EA variables to try "encourage" your EA to trade in the first instance.

Regards.

digi88

Post by digi88 »

Hi, you're right. It was a setting in the EA that I overlooked. Thanks for your help!

BAM

Post by BAM »

Hello,
Having problems launching with MT4 Build 1045

Getting close to starting a real account so I found a new broker that I am willing to work with. They are running version MT 4.00 build 1045.

So several days ago I upgraded Tickstory from version 1.7.? to 1.8.7.0. When 1.7.? was released (circa December 2015) there was a change in MT4 that caused problems. You posted a "work around" in the help section that included rolling back MT4 and more. While I was never able to launch MT4 from Tickstory I could tell it was working because when I ran it there were messages in the tester log file such as TestGenerator: file "C:\Users\User56\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\BB190E062770E27C3E79391AB0D1A117\tester\history\EURUSD15_0.fxt" is read-only. And since my EA is very sensitive the results are greatly improved.

No such luck with the new version. I can't start MT4 from Tickstory with the new version and no such messages appears in the current version backtest log file. It gives me a divide by zero error. Which doesn't happen when I run the backtest without Tickstory and use the brokers 1 minute data. It also doesn't occur on the old version. Holes in the data is highly unlikely so it probably isn't acknowledging the newly generated files.

Things I have tried:

Completely uninstalled old version. Reinstalled Tickstory 1.8.7.0. By the way, backtesting on the old broker still works.

Deleted old broker download of tick data. The new data looks good.

Read everything I thought might be related in the manual and knowledge base.

Please point me in the right direction

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi BAM,

First thing to confirm - are you getting 99% modelling quality on your new broker when testing with the standard 'MACD Sample'? If so, this doesn't appear to be a launch issue nor an issue.

Once you have confirmed this, note that different brokers have different MT4 Settings, so please use this method to copy all the settings for your symbol:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

This should rule out any issue with broker settings. Once this is done, just do a pre-check with the 'MACD Sample' again to make sure you are getting 99% modelling quality and see trades being logged. After that, try test your EA and see how it goes. If you are still getting zero-divide errors, you will need to check your logs to see where the EA is stopping.

Thanks.

BAM

Post by BAM »

Hello

are you getting 99% modelling quality on your new broker when testing with the standard 'MACD Sample'?

No I'm getting TestGenerator: no history data

That explains why I'm getting a divide by zero error.

I checked the intregity of the data with "Show data in grid", it's there and it looks good.

BAM

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi BAM,

"No history data" means that:

1) You have exported the data to the wrong "MT4 Data Folder" location. Check Tickstory in File->Settings->MT4 Settings->MT4 Data Folder matches File->Open Data Folder in Metatrader.

and/or

2) Check that you have correctly mapped your symbol from the Tickstory symbol name to the exact Metatrader symbol name.

If you are still having issues, appreciate if you can start a new thread with screenshots of your setup (including settings) so we can have a look.

Thanks.