Data Error

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Bravo

Data Error

Post by Bravo »

Tickstory - Data Error.png
Hi,

I have just downloaded Tickstory Lite v1.5.3 and attempted to "export data to file" but failed due to a data error as per attached screenshot.

Would appreciate help to solve this problem. Thank you.

Regards,
Bravo

tickstory

Re: Data Error

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bravo,

It appears that some problem occurred during the download, however Tickstory re-attempts the download and it looks like everything subsequently succeeded. You can double-check by re-downloading the same date ranges and ensuring that you don't get this message again.

Thanks.

Bravo

Post by Bravo »

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I just tried the same on another pc and same error occurred. Please find the screenshot attached, and looking at the storage folder there isn't much data downloaded.

So I still couldn't figure out what I did wrong. Please help, thank you.

Regards,
Bravo
Attachments
Tickstory - Data Error #02.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bravo,

Seems odd that you would get the error on the same piece of data on a different computer. Generally speaking, as long as you don't get the same error again, the data can be assumed to be intact.
What you can do is delete that section of data from your repository and try downloading it again if you think something is amiss. We know of no other reasons for getting this error aside from a connection glitch at the time of download (it is also possible that the data is briefly not available in the Dukascopy servers for some reason).

Hope this helps.

hidayat

Post by hidayat »

Hi...
I got same problem, failed to download data from dukascopy with error "error occured processing file C:\..."
Now its been solved by using proxy server for internet connection since Dukascopy somehow has been blocked by the internet service provider.
hope this help.
Attachments
ScreenShot_20170305111538.png

aadl99

Post by aadl99 »

its because you internet connection has been blocked by internet provider, try VPS then try it again