index troubles

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tester13

index troubles

Post by tester13 »

Hi,

I trade mostly indexes, so I started to test the DAX (I tested one FX and is working fine 99,9). The tester doesn´t started at all, I checked all possible issues before I started the thread here. I made all the steps here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809, the tester started in 1H timeframe and "control points", attahced the 2 screenshots of MT4 settings tab and the set of the tester. What I´m doing wrong?

thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Edgar
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt1.png

tickstory

Re: index troubles

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tester13,

Thanks for the screenshots. Firstly, it seems that you haven't transcribed all your settings from your broker. "Swap enable" and some of your margin settings are not matching. After you fix this, I suggest you test with the "tick" modelling method and ensure you're getting 99% modelling quality for the DAX. Also, try testing with the standard "MACD Sample" EA to see if you're getting some trades.
After this, you'll need to drill down a little closer on your chosen EA to see why it's not placing a trade. Typically the 'Journal' tab gives you some information about what is happening.

Hope this helps.

tester13

Post by tester13 »

tickstory wrote:Hi Tester13,

Thanks for the screenshots. Firstly, it seems that you haven't transcribed all your settings from your broker. "Swap enable" and some of your margin settings are not matching. After you fix this, I suggest you test with the "tick" modelling method and ensure you're getting 99% modelling quality for the DAX. Also, try testing with the standard "MACD Sample" EA to see if you're getting some trades.
After this, you'll need to drill down a little closer on your chosen EA to see why it's not placing a trade. Typically the 'Journal' tab gives you some information about what is happening.

Hope this helps.
Hi,

thanks for your help. The real problem was that I missed to add the "map to". Now it is working to 99,9. Now I have troubles with HK33. Please see the attachments: The currency is different.
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
HK.png
dax.png

tester13

Post by tester13 »

a screenshot from the Journal (Tester)
Attachments
Unbenannt1.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tester13,

Check out these threads for the "tester cannot calculate prices" error:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=450
search.php?keywords=tester+cannot+calculate+prices

In essence, for "special" symbols such as HK33, you need to use the method described here to get your specific broker settings for that symbol:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

This should resolve the problem.

Regards.