Tickstory for iOS?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Mareczech

Tickstory for iOS?

Post by Mareczech »

Hello, can anybody advise whether (and how) it is possible to install and run Tickstory program under iOS?
Thank you,
Marek

tickstory

Re: Tickstory for iOS?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Maeczech,

I assume you mean MacOS and not the iPhone variant, iOS? If so, I believe you can use Wine or Parallels to get things working. Some discussion about that is here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=185

Thanks.

Mareczech

Post by Mareczech »

Exactly, I mean MacOS, not iPhone.
Thank you for your advice!

Mareczech

Post by Mareczech »

Still unable to confirm, whether iOS is supported or not. Any hints, please?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mareczech,

Officially we only support (and test) on the most current Windows platforms. We are aware of users that are using it on MacOS and Linux with the use of various emulators. For MacOS, try Parallels or Wine. As previously mentioned, the software will not work on iOS/iPhone.

Thanks.

London-Italy

Post by London-Italy »

I am using Tickstory with Parallels and Windows 10 on Mac. I followed the instructions and put in Settings a Store Locator in a directory in Document. I could download data but not export it. The error ("Failed to access...Programs") implied that the programmes was first trying to export to the Programs directory and denied access. The fix was to uninstall Tickstory and reinstall from Parallels in a Documents directory (\Users\mynameremoved\Documents\Tickstory\Tickstory.exe). It worked perfectly and was able to export the files to the other directory I previously created (say Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨mynameremovedi⁩ ▸ ⁨Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Tickstory Data). Maybe there is another way but this worked for me. Hope this helps.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi London-Italy,

Thanks for your input. Just checking whether you set your "Dukascopy Store Folder" to a writable location and that you specified a full path name when exporting a file (eg. \users\yourname\documents\eurusd.csv)? If this is the case, it should not matter where you have installed Tickstory.

Hope this helps.