Instrument name (Mapping symbols)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
proper

Instrument name (Mapping symbols)

Post by proper »

Apologies if this topic has been covered already.
Since the latest update we now have data for some German listed shares. My broker offers such companies, but as an example, the symbol for Daimler is DAIDEEUR. This is not compatible with my broker. Is there a solution to this or a broker one could recommend so I can utilise these new symbols? I'm sure other contributors must have encountered similar issues with XAUUSD/GOLD and XAGUSD/SILVER.

tickstory

Re: Instrument name (Mapping symbols)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Proper,

You need to "map" your symbol to the equivalent MT4 Symbol name. This procedure is described in the manual and also if you search the forum for "map to".

Regards.

proper

Post by proper »

I have had a go, first using #Daimler and then XAUUSD. It will open the first order then closes it and I keep getting tester cannot calculate prices in the journal. I am doing one thing right in that the test date starts at the right date.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Proper,

If #Damier is the name of the symbol in MT4 then you need to use this. You are basically mapping from the Tickstory XAUUSD symbol to whatever your MT4 broker calls the same symbol. As for "cannot calculate prices" error, please check out a few discuss how to resolve this error:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=450
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=964

You can of course also search "cannot calculate prices" in the forum to yield other results that may be helpful. If you still don't find a solution, appreciate if you can post to the appropriate thread.

Hope this helps.