Tickstory Lite vs Tickstory Standard

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
dhana108

Tickstory Lite vs Tickstory Standard

Post by dhana108 »

Hi Guys,

In your download page comparing Tickstory Lite and standard - on the row for 'Export to MT4', both are checked.

Right now I am ONLY wanting to export hst files, which I want to use in Demo and Live Trading mode (ie NOT using the Strategy tester) .

I also want to export the Tick Volumes .

I require the chart data I am using to be up to date - and accurate- as I am doing some back testing in the standard trading mode (ie NOT using the back testing strategy tester). Maybe at a later point I will look at back testing with ticks - but not at present.

Will the lite version produce hst files of the correct format, and also including volume, for the latest builds of MT4 (I'm on build 985 right now) ???

Thanks

Petet

tickstory

Re: Tickstory Lite vs Tickstory Standard

Post by tickstory »

Hi Petet,

For the most part, the free version should be suitable to produce your chart/HST data, however if you need the actual tick volume, this feature was introduced in v1.7.0 and is only available in the paid version (in versions prior to v1.7, the exported volume related to the order quantity rather than the tick count).

As it stands at the moment, the free version available is currently v1.5.3. All subsequent enhancements/updates (up to the current v1.8.2) have been made only to the licensed version. To help you evaluate further, you can review the other enhancements that have been made between the two versions here:

https://tickstory.com/changelog/

Hope this helps.

dhana108

Post by dhana108 »

Thanks for that.

So just to clarify.......

I assume that for the free version if volume is selected then the order quantity is included in the resulting MT4 hst files - and is the number produced for each bar when the MT4 volume indicator is displayed or accessed.

AND with the standard version if Tick volume is selected then likewise this is the number displayed and accessible from each bar using the MT4 volume indicator.

Thanks for your help

Peter

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dhana108,

Yes, in both cases a number is output and is viewable in MT4 volume charts. The free version will output trading volume, the paid version will output tick volume. You can read through this read for a bit of background if you need to know more:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222

Regards.