Running TDS and Tickstory

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
keleshia

Running TDS and Tickstory

Post by keleshia »

Hi

May i know if it's okay if I download the Datas from SQ Tick Downloader, converted them via Birt's CSV2FXT script @ MT4.

Then just Launch Metatrader from Tickstory?

Will the tick datas be more or less the same?

Another thing is,
I have tried running TDS and Tickstory seperately on backtest & Optimization, but they give me very different results. How do i know what went wrong?
May i know whether if running the converted csv via Birt's script, and running Tickstory, can I test the current spread/Variable spread?

keleshia

Re: Running TDS and Tickstory

Post by keleshia »

On top of that, another question is,

If i use mt4autoconfig from Tickstory, must I re-run the config file for each pair i would like to export? Or 1 time of running mt4autoconfig will get the necessary information.

Additionally, how should i input for the commissions part when I see it empty, the mt4autoconfig doesn't input the commissions. Let's say its $9.5 per rtl. How do i input for each parameter?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Keleshia,

In response to your questions:

- Yes, it is possible to use alternate methods of generating FXT files. Of course, if you are simply exporting time-based data, we recommend you use Tickstory as it is much easier and obviously we can support you if you run into issues. Here are some similar threads that may further answer your question: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=547, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=593.

- Commissions: The best way to get commissions is detailed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809. This will yield the commission settings for your specific broker and account. This thread will also help explain the settings: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=283

- Mt4config: The .mt4config file will contain all the settings for every exportable pair. You can edit the various settings you see and when you "Save as", they will all be saved just as you see them in the user-interface.

Regards.

keleshia

Post by keleshia »

Hi!

thanks for your reply.

So am i right to say that, in order to put commission $9.50/rtl

I input
Comm type = 0
Base comm = 9.50
Comm lots = 0

Yes i notice a drastic difference doing birt's script.

By the way, does SQ Tick Downloader and Tickstory downloader provide the same file? .bi5?

Because i have already downloaded from SQ Tick Downlaoder, was thinking to input the Settings in Tickstory data folder from my SQ Tick Downloader Folder.

Or do you suggest that I should re-download via Tickstory?

Another question is, can i export many PAirs at once or do you suggest to do 1 by 1 as the Export settings Base Currency show follows the 1st pair i selected. So i'm not sure the rest will be automatically done correctly.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Keleshia,

Your commission settings sound right, although we highly recommend you use the mentioned method just to double-check.

We're not sure if the SQL Downloader data will be compatible - if it's in the right structure, it should work. Tickstory does not modify the format of the .bi5 files.

Re: Exporting multiple pairs - this should work fine. The MT4 Settings->Base Currency field (along with other MT4 Settings fields) should change whenever you change the "Symbol". It will show all the settings that will be used for the selected symbol. You can edit as required before export (and also Save them).

Hope this helps.