History files not showing/being used

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
clearsearcher

History files not showing/being used

Post by clearsearcher »

Hello,
I recently purchased the paid version for your tick history data. I have gone through all the steps as shown in the instructions and video, which all seem fairly straight forward. After choosing the pair and retrieving the data, it was exported to MT4. Upon closing and opening the platform, none of the data is in the History Center. I have done this to about 5 different pair. None of the history is showing. I have spent days with my broker and my programmer trying to understand what is happening.
By the way, the pairs in my history center show an ecn file ending. Does this have anything to do with why this is not working?
Help would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Craig

tickstory

Re: History files not showing/being used

Post by tickstory »

Hi Craig,

The 'ecn' symbol ending absolutely is something you must consider. You need to tell Tickstory to 'map' the symbol EURUSD (for example) to EURUSDecn in your broker terminal. This is done via the 'Map to' function which is described in the manual and also if you search 'map to' in this forum.

Thanks.

clearsearcher

Post by clearsearcher »

Thanks. Call me stupid, but I don't see any "manual" you are referring to . Also, I tried searching for a "map to" feature, but cannot find what you are talking about.

Thanks again

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Clearsearcher,

Press F1 within the Tickstory application to load the online help (Help->Help in the menu). Look for the section on "Customising MT4 export settings".

Forum search link:
search.php?keywords=maps+to

Example useful discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=435

Thanks.