TestGenerator: FXT is Read-Only Error

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Pipfinder

TestGenerator: FXT is Read-Only Error

Post by Pipfinder »

I have installed Tickstory and downloaded tick data. I have also opened MT4 from within MT4 but when I run my EA, I get a read only error. I made the data folder "read only" but I get the error. Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks.
Attachments
This is a screenshot of the error.
This is a screenshot of the error.

tickstory

Re: TestGenerator: FXT is Read-Only Error

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pipfinder,

This message is merely a notification - not an error. Your back-test will continue as normal.

Regards.

Pipfinder

Post by Pipfinder »

Thanks for the quick response. I have another related question. I noticed that one of my data files (15-min) has a smaller size (see screenshot). I ran some backtesting using 15-min data. Was the original data overwritten by MT4? Do I need to redownload the data? I thought I changed the permissions to read only but perhaps I made the change after running the test.

Thank you.
Attachments
Tickstory_2.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi PipFinder,

Yes, it appears that the 15-minute data was overwritten by MT4. You would have had indication of this since your results would not have been 99% modelling quality. You will need to re-export the 15-minute time-frame again. Tickstory by default makes the FXT files read-only.

Regards.

Pipfinder

Post by Pipfinder »

So if my modelling quality is 99%, does that always mean that the test was executed properly? With a 99% result, is there still the possibility that something went wrong?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

99% modelling quality means that the data file was utilised correctly during the back-test.

slosh

Post by slosh »

Hi,
I have the smae issue,the fxt file is read-only,and in the end backtest result is nothing...
Please tell me how to fix it ?
Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Slosh,

The "read-only" message that MT4's Strategy Tester gives is only a notification and is expected. According to another thread on this topic, I believe everything is working for you now.

Thanks.

Mike Meyer

Post by Mike Meyer »

I have read through all of these posts and tried to fix the error code 5 in Metatrader 4. I am unable to resolve this issue attached are some screenshots I do use Forex.com as my broker. Please advise if you need any addl information or photos.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mike,

If you are referring to the "Cannot open [5]" error, the causes of this are detailed in this thread:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... t=10#p4766

We have taken some time to download the terminal from forex.com and test with your AUDCAD example. Please follow these steps which should work fine:

1) Download the attached mt4config file to your local drive.
2) Select AUDCAD and "Export to MT4" in Tickstory.
3) Select your export date range - make sure you export at least 3 months of history.
3) Go to the "MT4 Settings" tab and "Load" the given mt4config file.
4) Ensure you populate the "Map to" field with "AUDCADpro" (without quotes).
5) Hit "OK" and wait for your export to complete.
6) Press "Launch" in Tickstory.
7) Select "AUDCADPro" in the MT4 Strategy Tester and "tick" modelling and press 'Start'.

This should hopefully work with no issues!

Regards.
Attachments
Forex.com.mt4config
mt4config file for forex.com AUDCAD only
(44 KiB) Downloaded 1110 times