Pre sales queries.

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
vj_kc

Pre sales queries.

Post by vj_kc »

Hi there i am planning to make a purchase of the standard version., but i have some concerns as i earlier mentioned that i am facing the Cannot Read FXT [5] error in the journal while running the backtest., that is believe is because my broker pepperstone has upgraded to build 970 on 3 rd june., and i use this particular custom chart provider., http://www.az-invest.eu/renko-tick-char ... etatrader4 who has a CSV2FXT script of its own which i am bound to use., so basically i require tickstory., standard to work with build 970 and and work as a Fxt loader., and i acknowledge that tickstory has fixed spread boundation., that is something i can handle., and do not see as a major issue., please report back if buying standard version will solve my purpose or not .?

tickstory

Re: Pre sales queries.

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vj_kc,

Tickstsory v1.8 has just been released to support MT4 Build 970. As a licensed user, we will try help resolve the issue for you (if we cannot for some reason, we will offer a full refund).

Thanks.

vj_kc

Post by vj_kc »

All i need to know is whether, tick story will kelp me load my FXT files on my new terminal build 970 , and help me backtest with fixed spreads, do i get a option to put my desired average spread, while configuring tickstory data. ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vj_kc,

Yes, you can use Tickstory on MT4 Build 970. You will not need to regenerate your FXT files. You can use a fixed spread during your back-test.

Regards.

vj_kc

Post by vj_kc »

That is the point man the custom charting tool that are deployed with my EA , they need to have there own custom FXT files., i cannot use your FXT files, all i can do is that rather then selecting variable spreads while using my CSV2FXT script i can use a fixed spread., but i got to use my created., FXT files., all i can do is., configure., the Tickstory standard version., and download CSV from duckascopy or SQ tick Downloader., use my CSV2FXT script and then use this tickstory to load the FXT files and make sure i do not get a "Cannot open GBPAUD_0fxt. [5]" Error.,

What do you think., could it be done in the above listed manner .?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vj_kc,

Everything should work with your custom script that produces the FXT file, however please note that we do not support third-party software although we will happily issue you with a refund if the software does not work as you expect. As you're aware, the reasons for the "cannot open" issue have been mentioned on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=980

These points specifically relates to generating FXT files with Tickstory, so if none of these trouble-shooting points help, you will need to contact the vendor of your script to trouble-shoot further.

Hope this helps.

vj_kc

Post by vj_kc »

Well all i know is my FXT file is not big than 4 GB firstly, and my script provider has said me thay this beacause i am not using any loader to to run this FXT files and my mt4 is re-copying these files, and the to the thtead link you have sent me on that thread page no. 2 i have explained my problem, you can maybe review it and reply over there, because right now i am waiting for my script provider to give me build 970 updated package, to use firstly, and lastly as i have mentioned in the above thread, i fail to understand why am i able to run a backtest with gold and not with any other instrument please review my post on the sencond page and englithen me on this things of only gold backtest and no other instument.