Data error on download

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
cptcherry

Data error on download

Post by cptcherry »

Hi there,

I am using the latest version (1.7.4), and when I "download" tick data, or when I go the extra step of export to MT4, i get "Data error on download" in the log.
This occurs on multiple pairs, and both on my desktop and vps.
When I inspect the FXT files their size is considerably smaller (~700mb) then anticipated (1.2gb ++), or run a backtest, the period requested on export is 1/12/2014 till 24/4/2016, but the backtester stops at around the 29/4/2015.

Why is this? and how can i fix this?

tickstory

Re: Data error on download

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cptcherry,

Can you please provide us with your license details so we can assist you further.

Thanks.

cptcherry

Post by cptcherry »

I've got a work around.
use tickstory lite v1.5.xx to download/export...
then use 1.7.xx to launch

sort of seems to work... but TDS might play up.

will need to find them.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi - No such workaround is at all necessary.. As mentioned before, please provide us with your license details if you would like assistance.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

A word of warning - in all likelihood you have downloaded a cracked/pirated copy of Tickstory from an illegal "warez" site. If this is the case, we're not surprised you're having such problems. Please be aware that all your data and back-tests you have performed with this version are invalid. Cracked versions of the software simply do not work correctly. We guarantee that you will never be able to trust the back-tests or exported data on a pirated version. Those users who are currently using the cracked version are (and have been) unfortunately wasting their time. Ironically, the users of our free software will be getting more reliable results.

Aside from the spurious results you will be getting, please note that your system could well be compromised. The hackers that have made this software available are likely targeting users for their passwords. As a matter of urgency, I suggest that you immediately change your passwords to all your broker accounts and any other online financial institutions. A full virus scan of your PC may or may not help you secure your system since many of these exploits are not widely publicised. Unfortunately we cannot assist you any further with any damages that may have resulted.

We have endeavoured to make Tickstory as accessible as possible to all users through the distribution of a free version and a guaranteed money-back paid version. There really is no reason why users should be risking their systems in this way. If you wish to continue using Tickstory, please ensure you download it from our website once you have disinfected your system. Before you can use Tickstory again, you will also need to:

- Delete all data in your Dukascopy store folder so it is re-downloaded.
- Delete any exported data, including CSVs and MT4 Data and re-export them again.

We appeal to users of the cracked version to purchase a legitimate license so they can focus on producing accurate information & back-tests again.