What I'm doing wrong?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
simmerseb

What I'm doing wrong?

Post by simmerseb »

hello,
I finally bought the licence this morning, and since I'm struggling to make it work... It's been hours now...
I changed "map to",
I changed the other specification of the symbol (I registered them in a file, not to write it each time)
I did launch MT4 via tickstory, and despite all that, nothing happens whedn I start the backtest program... Modeling n/a
I made a 1 minute video showing what I do. If you can please help and tell what's wrong...
https://youtu.be/Cx9CfAJIarw

tickstory

Re: What I'm doing wrong?

Post by tickstory »

H Simmerseb,

Thanks very much for the helpful video. It appears you are doing the export mapping correctly. What I can't see on the video is the error you are likely getting when you press the "Start" button on the Strategy Tester. You can view this by selecting the "Journal" tab. The most likely error you might be getting is "Cannot open [5]" (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=980) which is most likely because you haven't exported sufficient data. I suggest you export at least 3 months of data and try again.
If this isn't the problem, please let us know the error you are getting in the Journal tab.

Thanks.

simmerseb

Post by simmerseb »

hello!
Thanks a lot for the help!
I had a look at the journal, and I saw there was a mistake due to the fact that the file .fxt was on"read only"
I unmark it when I open the file on tickstory and it seems to work.
I said "it seems " because when I use the tester in 1 Hour mode I get 88% but around 30 % in 1 minute mode.
I'm working on it to find why it's less than 99%
Sebastien

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sebastien,

You need to leave the FXT file as "read-only", otherwise MT4 will overwrite your exported data (and this is why your modelling quality is not 99%).
As per the message above, please check the error message you are getting on the "Journal" tab after you try and start your back-test. This should give some indication why things are not working.

Thanks.