Tickstory & MT5 Support

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: Tickstory & MT5 Support

Post by tickstory »

Great news, Imbissbronko. Thanks for the feedback - the guide has been updated.

imbissbronko

Post by imbissbronko »

So after some tests with exported tickstory data. i have a problem that after a time i only get this when i start testing

Code: Select all

2018.04.15 10:11:07.834	Tester	EURUSD_test: history data begins from 2010.01.01 00:00
and than stopped. i have to import all again. but why it is so?
when i look in the folder i see data. but what the hell is mt5 doing that after a time i cannot use the custom symbol

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Imbissbronko, have you tried posting this issue on the MQL forums? Perhaps it's some sort of bug in the custom symbol functionality in MT5?

imbissbronko

Post by imbissbronko »

yes it looks that this problem have other people too. i now do this not to import all datas back.. Backup the folder yourMTFolder/Bases/Custom copy that folder rename custom_backup it works a while after some tests i reload backup folder back. its faster than import all ticks every time-

thebabiestpips

Post by thebabiestpips »

tickstory wrote:Thanks for your feedback, Jeff.

Let's get something started here and see where things go:

MT5 Bar Data Import

To import 1-minute bar data into MT5, we have done the following steps:
1) Created a new custom symbol in MT5 (as described in https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal ... nstruments).
2) 'Export to file' from Tickstory using the following parameters:
- Timeframe: 1-Minute (Select whatever bar time-frame you wish)
- Include header: No
- Custom format: {BarBeginTime:yyyy.MM.dd},{BarBeginTime:HH:mm:ss},{Open},{High},{Low},{Close},0,{Volume},10
(Note that Tick count/volume is not available, so we set it to zero. Note also that a fixed spread of '10' is used).
- Filename: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\{Symbol.csv} (Specify a full, valid path and filename!)
3) In MT5, Import Bars for the custom symbol. Select the file that was exported in Step 2).
The tick format you provided works but this does not. How can i make tickstory output compatible bar data for metatrader 5? I feel like I've tried just about every similar format, i've made several attempts to make it identical to the exported bar data. :S

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Thebabiestpips,

It looks like the format has since changed so we have updated our original post. Please try the following format:

Code: Select all

{BarBeginTime:yyyyMMdd},{BarBeginTime:HH:mm},{Open},{High},{Low},{Close},{Volume:F0},{Volume:F0},10
The good news also is that we will shortly be providing a pre-defined format for both Metatrader 5 bar and tick formats so you can import CSV data easily. In addition, we will be adding a field token to support the "Tick Volume" field which outputs the number of ticks per bar. Stay tuned by following our Facebook or Twitter feed for updates.

Please let us know if you run into any difficulties.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

Good news - Metatrader 5 support is now officially available as part of v1.9.4!

You can read more in our release notes here:
https://tickstory.com/articles/tickstor ... -released/

And you can refer to our "How-to" Guides here:

https://tickstory.com/how-to-import-tic ... atrader-5/
https://tickstory.com/back-testing-in-m ... g-quality/

The above-links also contains video instructions of how to conduct 99% quality and tick back-tests.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and suggestions. We're always listening so keep them coming ;)

jop35ll

Post by jop35ll »

Hello

I want to use tick data with MT5 but I can not export
I tried to follow the videos uploaded by You Tube, but when I try to export tick data, the format is incorrect. You will receive a message with

In other words, after selecting the MT5 tick data format, the Export button can not be pressed.

What should I do now.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jop35ll,

Make sure you are selecting "Ticks" when importing the "*_ticks.csv" file and "Bars" when importing the "_bars.csv" file.

Thanks.

jop35ll

Post by jop35ll »

Incorrect format and message.

I can not accept the "OK" button.

What should I do now?

I would like to export tick data to MT5.
Attachments
2019-07-03_21h13_34.png