Swaps & 3-day swap roll-over

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
elliot_123

Swaps & 3-day swap roll-over

Post by elliot_123 »

hi during testing what do I put in the 3 days rollover for swap. i selected swap checkbox points and mt4 crashed. and if i select 3 day rollover checkbox it crashes too. it only works when i have the long and short swap selected for testing

tickstory

Re: Swaps & 3-day swap roll-over

Post by tickstory »

Hi Elliot,

The 'swap' fields denote the amount payable if you hold your position overnight. For example, if you set the 'Swap type' to 'Interest' and 'Swap long/short' to 0.11, then you will pay 0.11% interest on overnight positions. The 'Roll-over 3 days' is the day of the week (0=Sunday, 1=Monday, etc) that you will be charged additionally for holding a position over the 3-day weekend.

Generally speaking you should just leave these values at your broker-set values unless you have something specific you wish to test. You should not set them to empty values as you are likely to end up with a problem. Any field highlighted in red will cause a problem, so please ensure you correct it before attempting to back-test.

Thanks.