Bug report - Advanced tester

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
gu00hero

Bug report - Advanced tester

Post by gu00hero »

This error happens when I start the Advanced tester.

Product name: AdvancedTester
Product version: 0.0.3.10
Details:
Değer null olamaz.
Parametre adı: path3
konum: System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2, String path3, String path4)
konum: Mt4AdvancedTester.Common.Mt4.Mt4Terminal.get_SymbolsRawFilename()
konum: Mt4AdvancedTester.Common.Mt4.Mt4Terminal.GetRawSymbols()
konum:   .()
konum:   .()
konum:   . ()
--- Özel durumun oluşturulduğu önceki konumdan başlayan yığın izlemesinin sonu ---
konum:  .(Exception )
konum:  .(Object )
konum:  .(MethodBase , Boolean )
konum:  .(  )
konum:  . (  ,   )
konum:  .()
konum:  .(Boolean )
--- Özel durumun oluşturulduğu önceki konumdan başlayan yığın izlemesinin sonu ---
konum:  .(Exception )
konum:  .(Object )
konum:  . ()
konum:  .(Object , UInt32 )
konum:  .(Boolean )
konum:  .()
konum:  .(Object[] , Type[] , Type[] , Object[] )
konum:  .(Stream , String , Object[] , Type[] , Type[] , Object[] )
konum:  .(Stream , String , Object[] )
konum:  .(Stream , String , Object[] )
konum:   . ()
konum:   . (Object , EventArgs )
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

tickstory

Re: Bug report - Advanced tester

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gu00hero,

Do you have further information about how to reproduce the error? It appears you have double-clicked on something?
Were you getting the error on the previous version? Did you change anything recently on your system?

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gu00hero,

Just looking further into this - it appears that your MT4 configuration may be missing the "Server name" information. Can you please check if this is the case (and why, because you should have at least 1 server selected).

Thanks.

gu00hero

Post by gu00hero »

Yes there is server name

gu00hero

Post by gu00hero »

Yes there is server name and in the previous verison of advanced tester I wasnt getting this error. Also normally as the backtest starts we can see variable spread is enabled etc. messages in journal. Now I cant see them anymore, which means variable spread and other functions doesnt work. Can it be because of some history files are not functioning properly?

Just tried reinstalling ADvanced tester. Didnt solve the problem.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gu00hero,

That's odd regarding the server name. We have made a fix in v0.0.3.11 that will be released shortly. The fix revolves around addressing any server names that are not empty though, so I'm not sure if this will address your particular issue. Could you please give a screenshot of the server settings you have to see if we can reproduce the problem here? If you are double-clicking on something, could you please note this step as well?

For the journal messages, again, we can't reproduce the problem here with v0.0.3.10. Would you have a set of steps that you are using to cause this to occur? Are you running a simple EA that prints Ask-Bid to see if variable spread is indeed not working?
The only things we can note is 1) make sure that the correct terminal is selected when you adjust the settings and 2) that you are looking at the Tester Journal tab - not the main Journal tab.

EDIT: For the second issue, please make sure your terminal is selected correctly before changing settings. We can see an issue where the advanced settings are not greyed out correctly when the terminal has been de-selected between switching tabs. We will fix this in the upcoming version.

Thanks.

gu00hero

Post by gu00hero »

I first start tickstory, then advanced tester. As soon as the advanced tester starts I get this error. Also when I update any terminal settings I get the same error. Then I click on the terminal name that I want to open (the one that is connected with tickstory main program) and click start terminal at the top. And to check if it is working, I use an EA that I always used and know that its working with variable spreads etc. And in strategy tester journal, I dont see anything in advanced tester is applied.

I used around 7-8 mt4 terminals in advanced tester until now. Maybe thats the problem? But when I update another terminal in advanced tester, I still get the same error.

I dont double click anything. Screenshot is below.

EDIT: When I start AT as administrator. Variable spread etc. is working, I also see this in the journal and I can understand from the results too.
Attachments
3.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gu00hero,

Thanks for the further information. We still weren't able to exactly replicate the issue and thinking that it might have something to do with a corrupted database. We have just released v0.0.3.11 which includes a few odd changes - could you please download this and see if this helps? If you continue to have the errors appear, can you please go to the following folder:

C:\Users\(your_username)\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\AdvancedTester

and then rename/delete the file "config.db".

This will clear all your previous terminal setup and start fresh. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

gu00hero

Post by gu00hero »

After installing new version the error disappeared. Thanks.