Commissions in Advanced Tester

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
gu00hero

Commissions in Advanced Tester

Post by gu00hero »

Hi in advanced tester beta I already chose "Use default broker settiings" radio button. Do I still need to add commissions manually as you can see in the attachment?
Attachments
5.jpg

tickstory

Re: Commissions in Advanced Tester

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gu00hero,

No, you don't need to explicitly set your commissions unless you want to override the "Broker Settings" that are being applied by default.

Thanks.

gu00hero

Post by gu00hero »

But Im getting different results (much worse) when I manually apply commissions. Is it possible that instead of overriding, its adding 6 commissions more to the default broker settings that I chose in AT beta?

P.S: If I change it to use default FXT settings Im getting exactly the same result with the default broker settings.

Another question: From where does it get the default broker settings and default FXT settings?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gu00hero,

If you are getting different results, please check the commissions that are being applied by using the OrderCommission() function. Print this to the Journal log and compare the value with and without the advanced Commission settings active. (There is no way in MQL to get the raw 'Base Amount', Charge' and 'Type' fields, so this is the only way to see what commissions are being applied).

The "Default broker settings" are all the settings which were last acquired when your terminal last accessed these settings from the broker.
The "Default FXT settings" are all the settings that you specified in the "MT4 Settings" when you exported from Tickstory.

Hope this helps.