'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
tickstory

'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Post by tickstory »

Tickstory’s Advanced Tester for Metatrader 4 (affectionately known as ATM) is now ready for beta testing!

We are making this beta freely available to all users during this introductory period.

Some of the new features we are currently developing include:
  • Advanced 99% modelling quality testing for Metatrader 4
  • Granular control of test settings such as Leverage and Commissions
  • Variable spreads
  • Slippage simulation
  • Walk Forward Analyzer for Strategy Optimizations
  • Launch multiple instances of MT4
Click here to find out more.

winteuk

Re: 'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Post by winteuk »

Hello

You guys know that this new software won't work as all antivirus and even built-in antivirus for windows detect this as virus and deleted right after installation.

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Winteuk,

As previously noted, we are aware that the betas are being incorrectly flagged. Kindly re-read our notes about this that we sent you when you registered for the beta. It will help if you white-list the installation folder to prevent anti-virus from interfering with the application.

Also, please check out your private messages as we've sent a message to you to thank you for another bug report you raised.

Thanks.

winteuk

Post by winteuk »

Apologies not seen that I got it working but it seems there is a new MT4 version and as a result, Tickstory is unable to lunch MT4 due to not having the correct launcher.

Other than that adding variable spread will make it more accurate to test the strategy, I get a perfect 99.9% results but when I compare the forward testing and backtesting, backtesting always had better results which are because of fix spread during backtesting, now that you added variable spread I can say your backtesting result is more like 99.99% ,
very good job, awesome software and must-have for any kind of trader.

Regards

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Winteuk,

Thanks for your kind feedback!

Just so you know, if you have installed Advanced Tester in the default folder (i.e. should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory\Advanced Tester), when you press the launch button in Tickstory, it should start the AT by default. The most recent AT should support Build 1320 of Metatrader for 99% back-testing.

FYI, Tickstory Lite v1.9.6.1 is also now available and this will also support the latest versions of MT4 in the built-in launcher.

Kind regards.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

*** PLEASE NOTE: *** Ensure you have white-listed the application folder in your anti-virus (or whatever is appropriate for your security preferences). As mentioned in our beta notes, we are aware of false positives and do not require users to post any further reports on this topic. These false-positives will be resolved prior to our final release. If you are getting an alert and unsure of how to proceed, you are welcome to run the application within a sandbox or virtual machine. And, as always, please ensure you only download the application from our official website.

Thanks for your attention and understanding.

elliot_123

Post by elliot_123 »

the download link does not work. it says connection reset on ms edge

disbellj

Post by disbellj »

The link posted above does not work. I don't even know how to use it. How can the beta be going well?

Kindest regards,

Don

disbellj

Post by disbellj »

I would like to beta test the Advanced Tester, downloaded and installed it once but without a user manual gave up. Now need download again.

Thanks,

Don

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Disbellj,

When you register for the beta at:

https://tickstory.com/beta-program

You will receive information about where to get the user manual, the download link and more.

If you are getting "connection reset" error messages when trying to download, please make sure your anti-virus software or browser is not blocking the download.

Thanks.