'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
Joez

Re: 'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Post by Joez »

Hi,
I have a number of problems.
1. Now the dashboard is not working. When I start this it greys out! Can't explain it because it was working this morning. I have re-entered the licence key to no avail.
2. I have a Professional licence but I have no access to ATM! Could you (admin) help?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joez,

As discussed offline, the toolbar buttons will enable and disable depending on the context. You need to have an item selected in the main screen to enable some of the buttons. Please refer to the manual for more.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Greetings Beta Tickstorians (Test-torians!),

These are the most recent changes included in v0.0.4.43b of the Advanced Tester:
  • [#162] Fix - Terminal configurations are not being deleted
  • [#164] Fix - Variable spread upper bound value should be inclusive
  • [#165] Fix - Slippage upper bound value should be inclusive
  • [#166] Fix - Slippage is not being applied correctly depending on buy/sell side
  • [#168] Fix - Command-line parameters were not accepting command-line parameters to launched exe
  • [#170] Fix - Custom/Advanced Settings control is not displaying some language translations correctly
Further detail:

#164 & #165: Previously the upper-bound value specified were exclusive so you would never get a random value that equaled the upper bound. Now, you will get values that match the upper-bound.

#166: Slippage value was being applied favorably in sell situations. Now, all positive random values of slippage will be unfavorable for both buys and sells. If you wish to have a some trades with favorable slippage, you can specify a negative lower/upper bound such as -5 to 10, which will yield favorable (random) slippage of 5 points to unfavorable slippage of 10 points. The results will be repeatable between testing runs as long as your execution price does not change and the "Deterministic" check-box is checked.

Happy back-testing!

tom79

Post by tom79 »

Hello,
i signed up and downloaded via the link the latest version.
After installing, the following message pops up: This beta version has expired.
downloaded version 0.0.4.45

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello Tom79,

The Advanced Tester has just been updated to v0.0.4.46b. Could you please use the same beta download link you were given to get the latest version. This will resolve the message you are seeing.

Thanks.

ForexFreak

Post by ForexFreak »

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of 'Advanced Tester for Metatrader 4' (version 0.0.4.46).
However, when I try to use with my MT4 Terminal, it says, that my MT4 version is not supported.

I am using MT4, Version 4, build 1403.

Can you please tell me, which is the MT4 version that can be used with the tester ?

Thanks
-A-

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Forexfreak,

The latest ATM v0.0.4.47 should now be available via your download beta link. Please use it to get this latest version which should resolve your issue.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

The Advanced Tester v0.0.4.48 has just been released! In this version we have made the following additions:
  • [New] Anti-cheat::Adjust time function allows time to be shifted to expose any fraudulent EAs that try to cheat by suppressing/manipulating trades on specific dates/times (see here for further discussion)
  • [New] Help option now available in the Help menu to show the user manual.
Happy advanced testing!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

The Advanced Tester v0.0.4.50 has just been released! No notable changes have been made in this version.

Happy advanced testing!