AdvancedTester slippage issue

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
max12m3

AdvancedTester slippage issue

Post by max12m3 »

hello tickstory team,
I found a bug with advanced tester slippage,
if this feature is enabled it, this will also be applied it to live trading in the same terminal.
The results are shown in my attached screenshot.

have a great weekend!
Max
Attachments
slippage issue.PNG

tickstory

Re: AdvancedTester slippage issue

Post by tickstory »

Hi Max,

Thanks for your report. We generally do not recommend you activate AT when trading live, however we can investigate this to see if there is a resolution. Could you please tell us:

1) Is the screenshot you posted from the trading "Journal" tab (as opposed to the Tester journal tab)?
2) Can you close the order successfully if AT is not running (i.e. are you sure it is linked to AT running)?
3) Is there something specific about the way your order is placed? eg. Does it need to have a TP/SL, is it being placed by your EA or manually?
4) If you disable the 'Testing Enabled' switch in AT (i.e. in AT, right-click the running terminal, uncheck 'Testing enabled'), does it resolve the issue?

Thanks.

tickstory

Re: AdvancedTester slippage issue

Post by tickstory »

Hi Max,

Just an update to this - we've done a few tests and cannot see any link of the slippage function to live trading. We have tried various order tests and we can see that it only affects Strategy Tester orders.

Thanks.