XAU/USD backtest HELP

Historical data from Global Markets (such as FX) and those of global interest (such as Indicies, Commodities, etc)
POLMX

XAU/USD backtest HELP

Post by POLMX »

Hi,
I have been trying to backtest with 99.9% modeling quality for XAU/USD without any success. I have been following the instructions you provide in the website, but those instructions do not work for this particular commodity. I have done it with other currency pairs such as EUR/USD or GBP/USD and have achieved 99.9% modeling quality backtest, but not with GOLD.

Please HELP!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks,
Pablo.

tickstory

Re: XAU/USD backtest HELP

Post by tickstory »

Hi Polmx,

Please check out our FAQ here which gives all the definitive reasons for not getting 99% modelling quality.

In your case, my guess is that you have not specified the name of your broker's symbol in the "Map to" field (see the manual here for more on this).

Thanks.

POLMX

Post by POLMX »

I did as suggested and now I have achieved 99.9% quality backtest =)

Thank you for the support.

Pablo

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to know, Pablo! You're welcome.

jacksun

Post by jacksun »

hello,

If there is an omission in the historical data we obtained on MT4, can we fill it in with this tool? How should we do it?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jacksun,

Yes, you can export MT4 data with Tickstory and it will completely replace the historical data within MT4. Please see here for a video on how to do this.

Thanks.