error download data

Historical data from Global Markets (such as FX) and those of global interest (such as Indicies, Commodities, etc)
zaherslt

error download data

Post by zaherslt »

dear sirs can anyone explain why i get "error occured during download.." while downloading data. i am using the free version of tickstory could this be the reason>? thanks

tickstory

Re: error download data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Zaherslt,

Do you have the exact error message you are getting so we can identify the issue?

Thanks.

zaherslt

Post by zaherslt »

tickstory wrote:Hi Zaherslt,

Do you have the exact error message you are getting so we can identify the issue?

Thanks.
hi , thanks for replying. i posted this before seeing your reply , i should have wrote it here , sorry. here is it again:

i always get lines like this:
13-10-2018 21:36 Error occurred during download: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. (URL: http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5)

plus : let's say i downloaded the prices of 1m and 15 of a currency in tickstory platform for 2 years (from 2016 till 2018), i export to mt4, i do a backtest in mt4 , i see in journal error getting data , and test started from jun 2017!!!!.
does that mean that the data before that date is not downloaded , and if so, why?.
i saw the coming message also and saying "copy the lines to our forum to assist..." so i did.

Product name: Tickstory Lite
Product version: 1.5.4
Details:
Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed.
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ThrowIfFailed(Int32 hr)
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy, Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Zaherslt,

You will need to download the latest v1.9.1 of Tickstory Lite which has just been released. This will address the issues you mention.

Thanks.

zaherslt

Post by zaherslt »

tickstory wrote:Hi Zaherslt,

You will need to download the latest v1.9.1 of Tickstory Lite which has just been released. This will address the issues you mention.

Thanks.
hello. thanks for replying. i did download the last version, i still get the following :
Time Message
19-10-2018 01:44 Error occurred during download: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. (URL: http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5)
regards

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

Could you please send a screenshot of the Help->About screen and also a screenshot of the error?

Thanks.

zaherslt

Post by zaherslt »

Could you please send a screenshot of the Help->About screen and also a screenshot of the error?

Thanks.[/quote]
screenshot of "About", and the error
screenshot of "About", and the error
[quote="tickstory"]
size of file
size of file
Dear sirs
i tried to repeat thestep and i got the same result.please note that the 1 m and 5 m data for eurusd 1 year file i got is 1.3 gb, please find attached the screenshots.
my question is
1), shouldn't it be bigger? (which means not all data is downloaded),
2) i monitored the graph of bandwidth usage and checked the download report i didnt there was a download consumption, didn't the application use the internet to download data?,
3) the most important thing, when i do the backtest i see , ticks modeled "green" but modelling quality "N/A"
regards

zaherslt

Post by zaherslt »

could you please reply my previous post.
thanks in advance

bobstar

Post by bobstar »

yes, I have this problem too.
Tickstory support, please can you answer to this problem?
Thanks.

Roberto

here my screenshot too
Screenshot 2018-11-18 15.54.37.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Roberto,

This issue has been addressed from v1.9.2.1 on-wards. In order to resolve the issue you will need to upgrade. We've previously responded to a few emails you had about the upgrade, appreciate if you can take a moment to go through them.

Thanks!