Backtest MT4

Historical data from European markets.
Kowloonbar

Backtest MT4

Post by Kowloonbar »

When I import the tick in and do a backtest, with MT4. Then it doesn't show me 99%, but always only 30%, with modeling quality. what is the reason for this?

tickstory

Re: Backtest MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hello Kowloonbar,

Please check out our FAQ here which addresses all the possible reasons for not getting 99% modelling quality on your report.
If you continue to have issues, please post some screenshots of the issue (including your symbol name you are testing with) and we can assist further.

Thanks.

Kowloonbar

Post by Kowloonbar »

I put it in the right folder and i didn't get an error message. I ran it for two days and took a screenshot. Maybe you can see the error.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kowloonbar,

If you're getting 25% modelling quality, the reason is that the data is not in the correct location (eg. incorrect server selected) or the mapped symbol name is incorrect. It doesn't appear to be the latter, so please check that you have selected the data folder and server name in the Tickstory configuration.

If you are still having issues, could you please send us screenshots of the following:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab)
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name) (We already have this, thanks)
3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).
4) The 'Report' tab in Strategy Tester after your test is completed. (We already have this, thanks)
5) The Strategy Tester "Journal" tab after you have completed a back-test.

Thanks.

Kowloonbar

Post by Kowloonbar »

Hi,

I have now done everything as you wrote. Now I have modelling quality n/a. Is that ok, or should it say 99%?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kowloonbar,

Did you press the "Launch" button in Tickstory? This is an important step as noted in the FAQ and this introductory video.

Thanks.

Kowloonbar

Post by Kowloonbar »

when I load MT4 via Tickstory, I get this error message

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

Please click on the download link you received via email after your puchase. This will give you the latest version which supports the most recent versions of MT4.

Thanks.