TickInfoExpert

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
ramacan

TickInfoExpert

Post by ramacan »

After running TickInfoExpert and getting confirmation of completion in the Experts tab (TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,H1: Finished writing config file: Mt4.Pepperstone Financial Pty Ltd.Server.mt4config), I am unable to locate the config file as it is not in the Metatrader "experts/file" directory. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Re: TickInfoExpert

Post by admin »

Hi ramacan,

Did you run the EA on a live chart? If so, then it should be in the experts/files directory (if you ran it in the Strategy tester, the file will reside in the tester/files directory). The system does check if the file fails to write and will give you an error message if this is the case. Since you dont have the error, I would expect it to be there. Could you please re-check you have the correct Metatrader installation folder. If that doesn't help, try doing a file search for *.mtconfig and see if that finds anything.

What Windows version are you using?

Regards.

ramacan

Post by ramacan »

I actually did a search and could not find it, I am using windows 7. Ran it on a vps (windows xp) and it works, don't know what happened....thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi ramacan,

Good to hear you worked around the issue.

More than likely what you're experiencing is due to Windows 7 folder virtualisation. Have a read of this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387 which explains how files that are written into the Program Files folder are redirected to a user-specific location. You can turn this feature off if you like or see if you can find the file in your user directory.

Hope this helps!

kiwimango

Post by kiwimango »

I have Alpari mt4 build 482. win7

I installed the tickinfoexpert into the expert folder, but on the chart: in the right corner a big X. The connetion with the broker is working, but the expert not work. (live trading enable, dll enable , EA enable, infoexpert input: empty,empty, false-true) need help. thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi kiwimango,

Please check the following:

- Ensure the chart you have dragged the expert onto has incoming price quotes. MT4 will only start the expert when the first quote comes in.
- The expert does not put any visual information on the chart - all it does is produce a config file. Check the "Journal" tab for information about what it is doing and whether it has completed.

Hope this helps.

emmarita

Post by emmarita »

Hi there,
I am also having trouble getting the TickstoryInfo Expert to work! The EA smiley face is smiling but I get an Error message that says "could not open file MT4.Alpari (UK) Ltd..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted." I tried turning changing the Windows 7 User account control setting so it doesn't ask for permissions to change anything and I am logged in as an administrator.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Emmarita,

Could you please try to specify the output filename in the EA settings? It is likely that the brackets that are in the filename are causing a problem.

Hope this helps.

varso

Post by varso »

emmarita wrote:Hi there,
I am also having trouble getting the TickstoryInfo Expert to work! The EA smiley face is smiling but I get an Error message that says "could not open file MT4.Alpari (UK) Ltd..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted." I tried turning changing the Windows 7 User account control setting so it doesn't ask for permissions to change anything and I am logged in as an administrator.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
I have totaly sam problem with Exness
here is log
2013.07.11 17:08:48 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSDm,M1: Error - could not open file Mt4.Exness Ltd..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted.
2013.07.11 17:08:48 TickstoryInfoExpert: invalid filename for FileOpen function
2013.07.11 17:08:44 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSDm,M1 inputs: ConfigFileName=""; SymbolSuffix="m"; AllowWhenNotConnected=true;

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Varso,

Can you please confirm whether you have tried to specify your own config file name in the EA parameters?

Thanks.