Translation

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
positiveday

Translation

Post by positiveday »

I cannot understand why an user of Tickstory cannot choice the language in Settings.
I laugh reading result of an automated translation in Tickstory menus.
Many English technical words cannot be translated in local languages.
Please add option in settings about language preferences.
;)

tickstory

Re: Translation

Post by tickstory »

Hi Positiveday,

We're counting on users helping us improve the translations after they've finished laughing ;) Which particular language are you referring to?
If you need immediate relief, you can delete the translation directory in the Tickstory application directory.

We will take the suggestion on-board for selecting being able to select the translation within the application.

Thanks!

AritisticMagic55

Post by AritisticMagic55 »

Hi,

I am thinking about lending a hand in improving the Japanese translation.
(I did laugh as you mentioned in the forum. ;) )

How can I help?

If all your English interface terms are in a neat resource file, translating that would
be the easiest option (I think).

Regards,
Tak

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tak,

Thanks for your offer to provide assistance! To do a translation, we can provide you with a list of English-based strings/sentences which would then need their Japanese equivalents. There's roughly 100 or so lines to do if you're up for it! Let us know and we will follow up directly with you.

Kind regards.

AritisticMagic55

Hi,

Sure. I can't promise you anything at this point, but I'd like to at least take a look at it.

Please contact me via PM.

Regards,
Tak

AritisticMagic55

Hi,

Just wanted to remind you that I'm available if you are interested.
If you have a .regx file, you could probably just send me that, and I could overwrite the strings and sentences in it.

Not trying to pressure you or anything; I'm sure you are busy with other pressing matters.

Tak

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tak,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We're just preparing the information for you shortly and will send you an email with the details for the translation.
Many thanks for your assistance!

Regards.